Philly area Homebrewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Westvleteren is great, but I can never justify the price. Especially when I think that Rochefort is better, and cheaper and readily available.

When comparing the 2 Quads.

I landed a case of Stone Best By 4/20. What is interested in splitting up the case? I really just want a few but figure we can all save money over spending $10 plus from bottle shops. PM me asap. i have to pick it up tomorrow evening.

I was gonna open a bottle of the 4/20 last night but got distracted by a new IPA I put on tap at home... Has anybody actually tasted the 4/20 yet?

I didn't get to try any of the 2.14 release but the one prior to that (can't remember the name) tasted more tropical and less dank than 4.20 to me. I really feel like they bumped up the Columbus in the 4.20 release but maybe it is just me...

Has anyone tried the "Go To" yet? i had one after hockey the other night. Like it MUCH better than founders All Day.

Nice! I'll be loading up the smoker next weekend for a beef and beer we're doing for our hockey teams. $25 all you can eat pulled pork, salt potatoes, smoked baked beans, and two 1/2's of Labatt Blue (hey, at $90 a 1/2 barrel, can't go wrong). I'm thinking I'll need a minimum of 4 butts, and that's at a conservative 50 people. Most I've had in the smoker was either 36 racks of baby backs, or 14 butts (have to take out every other rack to fit the butts in).

Also have some fun drinking games planned. Beerpong/airhockey combo as seen on tv. best $40 spent! Going to setup a NCAA bracket style thing for that. Also on the hunt for two big wheels. Idea is to slam a beer, get the big wheel through a slalom course, and then race back to the start/finish line and hand off to the next guy/gal on your team.

Has anyone tried the "Go To" yet? i had one after hockey the other night. Like it MUCH better than founders All Day.

I have and really liked it. I got the exact same hop profile as Enjoy By, aroma and upfront hops are very similar but Go To is thin on the body with a clean crisp finish making it an easy drinker.

I tried Go To side by side with 4/20 and really the aromas were identical, middle of the palate they are entirely different beers tho obv.

I hate Founders All Day, hate, hate, hate it. I wish I liked it but its tastes like a soggy bag of white onions to me.

My B-i-L is looking for an 8 gallon (or larger) kettle to supplement his setup as an HLT. Does anyone local have one they're looking to sell?

BTW, anyone here do any smoking, as in BBQ?

Quite a bit. I have a Smokin Tex. It's an electric smoker which I was skeptical of because I grew up using a whole hog trailer smoker, but it turns out great BBQ. The only thing missing is a smoke ring, which is really just a sign of carcinogens being present from combustion. I've recreated it by throwing charcoal into the fire box, but don't really feel the need any more.

Thing I love the most is no more tending to a smoker in the middle of the night. It's pretty much set and forget. plus it uses between 4oz of wood at max. I've done 6 butts in it at the same time. And from my calculation it costs less than $2bucks in electric and wood for a 24 hour smoke session.

If SWMBO is up for it, maybe I can host a homebrew and bbq party this summer/fall

Any interest in splitting a pallet? Looks like buy our bottles has empties for around $7 per case. I'm in Collegeville PA and am getting into all grain so I'm looking for bottles in bulk too.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Any interest in splitting a pallet? Looks like buy our bottles has empties for around $7 per case. I'm in Collegeville PA and am getting into all grain so I'm looking for bottles in bulk too.

I am DEFINITELY interested. I need about 25 cases.

Where do you live? I am off old state road

I'm near the Wegmans shopping center in Collegeville. Freddy and I are looking for buyers for 48 cases.

I'm near the Wegmans shopping center in Collegeville. Freddy and I are looking for buyers for 48 cases.

Cool, I am not far. I am ok on bottles for now, but if you ever want to split some grain, let me know. Weaknee prices on sacks a great.

I've been to tired hands several times with buddies, but my wife wants go for lunch on Sunday. Problem is, we'll have a four month old in tow. Anybody have an opinion on whether it's appropriate to take an infant there at lunch time? I've never noticed kids, but I've only really been there for bottle releases or at night...

I take my kids to any bar that serves food. But I might not be the best example I really don't care what people think of me

Hello my name is Drizzt and I have a brewing addiction.

I've been to tired hands several times with buddies, but my wife wants go for lunch on Sunday. Problem is, we'll have a four month old in tow. Anybody have an opinion on whether it's appropriate to take an infant there at lunch time? I've never noticed kids, but I've only really been there for bottle releases or at night...

The upstairs at Gray Lodge is family friendly. A few more weeks and the outdoor beer garden will be open at Memphis taproom. If you want the full on experience, Frankford Hall always has infants in strollers in the afternoons and the sausage there is damn good
I think its totally fine to cart an infant to those sorts of places as long as its not too loud and there's no chance of the little ones getting hurt

Actually now that I think about it, we had our daughters baptism party at Hop Angel. Take your kids and have a nice lunch with the family man.

Talked to three different bottle shops, nobody has a good bead on when KBS will drop in the city. I'm tempted to put a call into Stockertown Beverage, but I don't want to be that guy. Anybody hear any scuttlebutt on when it will drop?

Back