What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcbaumannerb said:
Fixed that for ya.

Eeepps. It's killing me, brotha.

You know there's something wrong with me when I think about beer and it makes me nauseous.

Just to put this into perspective, when Ben shipped me the TH half-growler, I chilled it and slammed it down immediately.

half_whit said:
I.. Just got offered a new job. Property manager. On the same block i live on. For the past year I've been commuting to Baltimore from York, paycheck to last dime of paycheck. And it's all over.

This round's on me!

Congrats and cheers!

nukebrewer said:
I feel your pain, man. There's not much that sucks as bad as waking up at 5 am for work and you're still drunk from the night before. Been there myself a time or two.

I don't think it was the beer because I only had 5 or 6. I started at 430 and was done around 9. I added 3 shots of Bacardi and I'm pretty sure that's what killed me. I felt great until I woke up this morning.

I'm going to try to find some of you on untappd.

I've posted about ten beers on there trying to discover the point of it. I guess the point is the badges. So, Sort of like this thread, but with goals. I like having goals. :D

Of course it's no fun all alone. :mug:

I've posted about ten beers on there trying to discover the point of it. I guess the point is the badges. So, Sort of like this thread, but with goals. I like having goals. :D

Add me and surf my friends list if you want I have a lot of these fools.

coldcrash said:

If you're ever on the desktop, my link is in my sig.

coldcrash said:

I figured I would be creepy and find you. I just signed up also.

Hb stout

image-3744806965.jpg

Holy chit mang!! I missed around 4 pages (mobile) of whatever you'd call our mindless banter!! Today was a craptastic day at work. Two flatness loaded and ready to ride, two to go. My ass is whooped!

Be that as it may, it didn't keep me from unpacking an absolute bomb from NIZZLE!! Had the RIS from Iron Hill Brewery with dinner that my parents brought back from Lancaster which was freakin awesome! Now I'm about to pop my 3 Beans cherry all thanks to my man NIZZLE!!! His monster should start its journey tomorrow!

Thanks NIZZ!!

No problem enjoy.

I still love Rogue. They make some solid beers. I spent a lot of time there last time I was in Portland, sometimes 2-3x a day. :)

Shakespeare Stout, Choc Stout and their Mocha Porter are three of my favorites.

Shakespeare is still dam good, and I'm holding a couple 10 yr old Old Crustreacean, but Dead Guy used to be my favorite. Has it changed, or have my tastebuds?

campbelldm1 said:
I figured I would be creepy and find you. I just signed up also.

You found me! :mug:

Alright fellas I just sent a few requests. If I didn't find you, I'm coldcrash on there too. :mug:

chef273b said:
Shakespeare is still dam good, and I'm holding a couple 10 yr old Old Crustreacean, but Dead Guy used to be my favorite. Has it changed, or have my tastebuds?

Haven't had Dead Guy in maybe 4 years? Maibocks are cool. But for whatever reason, I was never a dead guy fanatic.

For me, my tastes have changed. I still have it once and a while,but it doesn't wow anymore, it's just a decent brew. Shakespeare is a good one too - hopefully they won't change the recipe by adding maple donut flavoring...

Hydro sample of what I thought was going to be a brown ale. I mean, it's brown and it's ale, and I don't dislike the flavor, just not what I was expecting. I admit I really just threw the recipe together will have to see.

image-602389925.jpg

JTTX80 said:
Hydro sample of what I thought was going to be a brown ale. I mean, it's brown and it's ale, and I don't dislike the flavor, just not what I was expecting. I admit I really just threw the recipe together will have to see.

Some of my best beers were not what I was expecting!! Enjoy that beer!

Deschutes Brewery Green Monster. (Sour beer) Aged in wine barrels 7.3%

1st impressions, Flanders style, duchesse de bourgogne , New Belgium la folie similarities , little more brett profile but seems to die down the more I drink and type about it. Overall pretty good sour beer. I might have to get a couple more and age them and see how they do overtime. I like though not bad for a sour, tad spendy though @ 16.99. (3.5 -4 stars out of 5)

If you can find give it a try <(-_-)>

image-2410771292.jpg

image-3940874940.jpg

image-28875164.jpg

tyzippers said:
Some of my best beers were not what I was expecting!! Enjoy that beer!

I will. It's got a dry almost raisin flavor to it. I used honey malt, special b and Maris otter light LME. And a few other malts.

Man I love that little market I discovered.. I'm pretty sure that guy is selling his ass to get his hands on some of these, and it's reflected in the price sticker. But I don't care. Most of these aren't available anywhere around here. I'll start with the weissbier.

image-1556295063.jpg

bottlebomber said:
Man I love that little market I discovered.. I'm pretty sure that guy is selling his ass to get his hands on some of these, and it's reflected in the price sticker. But I don't care. Most of these aren't available anywhere around here. I'll start with the weissbier.

1809 is a good berliner weisse. I may have to pick one of those up tomorrow. :)

tyzippers said:
Thoughts? I liked the one I had. I've heard some others didn't care for it.

Blithering Idiot is a really nice beer.

This one (bottled January 2013) is a little hot, but still really good.

I have one last bottle of 2011 Insanity (Bourbon Barrel BI) that I've been sitting on for a while. I should open it soon.

coldcrash said:
Blithering Idiot is a really nice beer.

This one (bottled January 2013) is a little hot, but still really good.

I have one last bottle of 2011 Insanity (Bourbon Barrel BI) that I've been sitting on for a while. I should open it soon.

I thought the same thing. The one i had was pretty young. Should have had more time on it. I should put one in the cellar.

Back