How bad did I screw up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch47600

Reaction score
I'm in the midst of brewing my firt batch and I ended up pouring the wort (trub and all) into the primary. I've searched the forum but can't find any guidance on this. Is the beer shot?

relax my man....trub won't hurt your fermentation at all. Some believe it actually helps. Let it get thru primary and rack off from the trub for a secondary settling.
No probs amigo

Glad to hear it! I'm picking up the montra for brewing--relax man, it will be fine!

Relax man, it's fine. In Palmer's http://www.howtobrew.com he has us beginners do just what you did, in order to properly aerate the wort. As long as it wasn't still hot when you poured it, your beer should be just fine. My first two brews (bottling day is today!) were done just like that, and they've cleared up nicely after three weeks!

-Dom

It can only be harmful if it was hot when you poured. If it was, there might be some risk of oxidization and wet-cardboard flavors.

Back