blending beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uglygoat

Reaction score
how many blend the beers that you brew???

i recently started blending two seperate brews that i made with the same yeast. two completely different grain and hop bills a light/pale attempt followed up by a dark malty shot, but both shared the same yeast. i was very pleased with the results. :mug:

I have an ESB and special bitter on tap right now, and they're good mixed half-and-half in a glass. The ESB (partial mash) seemed a little off and the special bitter (all grain) isn't fully carbed yet - although it has aged enough it wasn't hooked to gas previously - but mixed it's a tasty drink. The ESB used Windsor yeast and the bitter S-04, but the majority of both brews was Maris Otter.

I was going to do a New Castle clone that BYO has were you blend an aged big beer with a month old small beer but liked the big beer so much I drank it all.

I have 6 beers on tap all the time, when I get bored I will blend them in my glass. I will only blend two at a time. I once blended all of them together.

I called that one the Perlick Puke....:eek:

I'll blend occasionally.

Apple cider and an IPA is a bad combination. I'm willing to admit it wasn't my first of the night & I hit the wrong tap. Meant to mix the IPA & Brown.

I like to add some english ale to my Miller High Life to liven it up. I used to be satisfied with the High Life before I started home brewing, but now I realize it is definitely missing something...(taste?).

ZOMBIE THREAD!!!

I revived this one because I'm drinking a blend of my Imperial Stout and some Apfelwine.

Very tasty. I got the idea when I blended some DFH Palo Santo Marron and Festina Peche.
That was pretty good too...

I got my parents into home brewing and we recently had some folks over to try their brews. Someone had the idea to blend them, a double oktoberfest and a vanilla bourbon porter, and it was quite tasty! Usually I'm not a fan of these blends, but it can certainly be yummy on occasion.

Only really ever done this once, with Blue Moon and Guinness. It got me messed up pretty quick, as it was so tasty my glass only left my lips when I wanted to take a breath. Or so it seemed.

Only really ever done this once, with Blue Moon and Guinness. It got me messed up pretty quick, as it was so tasty my glass only left my lips when I wanted to take a breath. Or so it seemed.

I guessed you were 21 judging by this and when I looked...I was right :D HA.

I was just clearing some lines and blended a coffee porter with a Chinook SMaSH. It's really good. I'm going to explore blending more.

Back