What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa. Morbid curiosity, are we looking at a $300+ keg?

Even more (if you could even get one) but this was a leftover from a Big Sky brewing company party. I got 1 full one and one half full one for $100. Swing by and help me guys!!

HB'd wit, spiced cider, zombie dust clone, and black IPA while brewing jamil's evil twin and a a red wheat Ale.

Nogne O Global Pale Ale

ForumRunner_20130720_221207.png

13 different hops from all around the world - England, Slovenia, NZ, Czech, USA, Germany and Australia.

Getting Nelson Sauvin on the nose. Hard to distinguish the rest, apart from a noble hop spiciness.

Magic Hat Elder Betty followed by their HiCu. I really wish the flavors were more subtle from these guys. Lesson learned.

BrewinHooligan said:
Magic Hat Elder Betty followed by their HiCu. I really wish the flavors were more subtle from these guys. Lesson learned.

Plus also their bullies! Do a google search of "magic hat vs. west sixth". They're tryin to choke out other breweries before they have a chance to compete. They wanna be the Quirky anheiser Busch of craft beer.

I went out to my LHBS for some supplies and I got home to a big box in my living room and a wife thinking I spent money on more beer. I explained to her that it was a trade from FermentNEthing. She was still not impressed. Don't confront me none! Thanks FermentNEthing! Yours should be shipping out this week!

Oh, and I am still working on my growler of Single Hop Mosaic. The carb level has severely dropped overnight...I may need to kill this today!

Plus also their bullies! Do a google search of "magic hat vs. west sixth". They're tryin to choke out other breweries before they have a chance to compete. They wanna be the Quirky anheiser Busch of craft beer.

Yup I no longer drink anything from them after I found this out. Not a big loss though there beer was just ok.

Yup I no longer drink anything from them after I found this out. Not a big loss though there beer was just ok.

I'm with you, lots better beer out there.
Gravity sample of my hoppy saison fermented with WLP568. I've never tasted anything like this before, but my saison experiences are very limited. This yeast is crazy and I like it. Down to 1.010 from 1.060 and still going.

ForumRunner_20130720_150110.png

After making a drive to Baltimore and back to put my son on a plane to spend a week with my parents, it's time for libations and food!
Working on a flight:

image-1801505820.jpg

First up Saison DuPont Cuvée Dry Hopping. Nice farmhouse.

image-3153946862.jpg

And now onto GI Imperial IPA. Very good.

image-429943341.jpg

Less than 8 bucks a sixpack is great. New mango lip balm makes it awesome. Dog... does not care

image-1848594544.jpg

mcbaumannerb said:
Flight finale. Bullfrog Op Tight nitro. Weakest of the bunch.

I almost got a flight earlier, but I never have and a never will. It's your job as a consumer to pick something good and drink a pint. Or accept your bad choice and order something else.

image-3488243440.jpg

Tripels are my least favorite Belgian style and are usually even worse than US micro saisons (banana is not an acceptable flavor ever) but this is quite dry and minimal esters. Fooking good. Thanks Cris.

I almost got a flight earlier, but I never have and a never will. It's your job as a consumer to pick something good and drink a pint. Or accept your bad choice and order something else.

View attachment 136338

Tripels are my least favorite Belgian style and are usually even worse than US micro saisons (banana is not an acceptable flavor ever) but this is quite dry and minimal esters. Fooking good. Thanks Cris.

easy, you're breaking my heart.

easy, you're breaking my heart.

Whoops, I think I left some words out... US micro tripels are usually even worse than their saisons. Although actual Belgian tripels are my least favorite actual Belgian style....Chimay white is ok, Westmalle is better, St Feullien and Tripel Karmeliet are both awesome, but only in a 9L bottle. :D Anything is good poured form a Metuselah!

Whoops, I think I left some words out... US micro tripels are usually even worse than their saisons. Although actual Belgian tripels are my least favorite actual Belgian style....Chimay white is ok, Westmalle is better, St Feullien and Tripel Karmeliet are both awesome, but only in a 9L bottle. :D Anything is good poured form a Metuselah!

hahahah!! I really prefer Dubbel myself. I love the style. probably my all time favorite style. I rarely try to brew one because I know it won't turn out like the monks make & I don't want to let Belgium down.

edit: I would bathe in Westmalle's Dubbel if it wasn't a waste. maybe when I hit powerball.

HB cascade/willamette IPA. Bit too much Crystal for sure, it would be better a couple shades lighter.

ForumRunner_20130721_003844.png

Entered a couple bottles into a local world IPA day competition and had to give it a name. Went with "protect ya neck IPA". Hope it places above last (18 entries so far).

Back