Cold brewed coffee question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcmccoy

Reaction score
Okay so I have 6 gallons of american oatmeal stout that I am going to split in to two 3 gall batches and add coffee to one when I bottle it. I plan on cold brewing coffee and just want to make sure I do this right.

I am going to use 2.5oz by wight of coffee to cold brew with. How many ounces of water should I use? I have read a 4:1 water to coffee ratio but what are the measurements? Are they both weight?

I am going to boil the water and cool to room temp then add coffee and sit over night then add when I bottle.

Any other advice would be helpful thanks!

So I think I am just going to use 14 liquid onces of water for 2.5 ounces of coffee.

I cold brew my iced coffee(that I drink), and I add 4 tablespoons per 16oz or so. I just let it soak in a french press in the fridge for about 8-12 hours then strain. You get the beautiful coffee flavor without the bitterness.

Back