BIG BK, Cheap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like someone removed the tank from a gas water heater and is now trying to sell if for about the same money as a new water heater would cost.

Bobby_M said:
Water heater tanks are not stainless. This looks much thicker too. You need to look at what it can be, not what it was.

Really!

search the web I found several water heaters with Stainless steel tanks

Stainless Steel Indirect Water Heaters(PDF)
Stainless Steel. Indirect. Water Heaters. Standard Features. 316L Passivated Stainless Steel Tank ... single wall coil, Stainless Steel indirect water heater. ...

www.radiantmax.com/assets/LochinvarLiteratureIDHWtanks.pdf - 261k - View as html

Beside I said it looks like a water heater tank not that it was a water heater tank.

poster91899265.jpg

:D ;)

Looks like nobody was interested the bidding is over it did not sell.

Quick definitions (semantics)

noun: the study of language meaning

It also said "Best Offer- Make Offer". May still be an even better deal.

Anyone willing to get the top cut off and clean with PBW or whatever would have a very heavy duty tun for next to nothing. Anyone brewing large batches is expecting a fair bit of work even in just the brew aspect. It could have been from any industrial use, but would able to be reused with proper cleaning technique; it's friggin' heavy stainless.

Even if there was a coil in it, it would add to the value, and would be salvage in hand when the lid was removed.

I've always considered semantics to be little more than wiggle room.

Back