Dont Be This Guy,me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bull

Reaction score
Yep i did it ,even after being told by guys that have the experiance ,they said and i quote,use carb drops to carbinate beer that has already been bottle.did i lsten,eh ,a little bit ,but,i was waiting on those carb drops to arrive from the brew supply gods ,lol ,anddddddddd ,so i thought ill just see what happens if i try to carbinate a couple beers useing corn sugar,lmao,,wellllll ,i added the corn sugar to the unexpecting bottle of home brew ,Yup it spewed its contence all over the place ,so boys and girls ,do as the brew masters tell you to do ,or ,you can experiment ,as i did,and find out the hard way . yes the info i recieved was dead on , DO NOT CARBINATE YOUR BEER THAT HAS NOT HAD A PRIMING AGENT ADDED TO IT BEFORE IT WAS BOTTLED ,WITH CORN SUGAR USEEEEEE CARB DROPS ,LMAO YOURS TRULEY BULL.

Did they spew when you added the sugar? That's weird.

The only reason the drops were suggested was because they are easier and don't require exact measurement.

Drops are nice and easy, but they are an expensive way to buy sugar.

If you measure the sugar in to the bottles before filling them with beer they don't froth out the top.

well your probably not the first, but I bet you bottled before fermantation was over.
I prime with dextrose every time and not a problem yet!
I bet you screwed something up!!!!

I believe he's saying that when you add priming sugar to the beer after it's been bottled and didn't carbonate, you remove the caps and add the sugar. It will explode in huge gushers of beer. (Do a search for the mentos video for demonstration!)

If you add the carb drops, it won't do that.

What is causing the bottles to gush if it isn't carbonated?

Those mentos videos are sweet.

I don't know- but adding sugar to a bottle of beer causes it to a smaller extent. I've been out of chemistry classes almost 30 years, so I am excused from giving a correct answer!

the beer has SOME dissolved CO2 looking to get out. The thousands of corn sugar paticles offer WAY more surface area and nucleation sites for bubbles to form on than a carb drop would. I suspect the carb drop would still offer something in the way of fizz but not as bad.

joebou4860 said:
the beer has SOME dissolved CO2 looking to get out. The thousands of corn sugar paticles offer WAY more surface area and nucleation sites for bubbles to form on than a carb drop would. I suspect the carb drop would still offer something in the way of fizz but not as bad.

But if the sugar is dissolved, then it shouldn't be an issue, right?

Back