Yeast Infection Has An Infection?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I could be wrong but that looks like a standard if not cleaner krausen than I am used to seeing that greenish / brown stuff in the krausen is proteins and hop material that you want to come out of the beer as to avoid bitter and off flavors.

Thanks!! The brown stuff kinda looked slimy and it is not something I have seen on krausen before. Should I just swirl it in?
definatlly NOT this will reintroduce those bitter proteins and hop oils back into the beer you DO NOT want this the brown / green stuff tends to adhere to the walls of your carboy after the krausen receeds

OOOHHHHH I missed that part of the op. COuld you tell me your process for harvesting? that kinda changes things maybe. Sorry I thought based on the pics that was fermenting wort in a carboy.

Well I pour a 6pk of beer and leave about 1" in each bottle. Flame the Bottle neck and lip and then alcohol both. Boil up some water and make some wort with light dme. put in a 2l flask and let it stir for 18-24hrs. Put in 1gal jug with airlock for 6hrs. Decant solution and separate into mason jars. Everything is sterilized with bleach water solution, the rinsed with boiled water, and light misted with 90% Iso Alcohol. I have used this method for awhile now and I like bleach and Iso Alcohol over starsan or stuff like that.

Back