Fermentation Temperature Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crypt0

Reaction score
Sorry I'm sure it's been asked. I've been looking at temperature controllers for brightening/fermentation since I've come across a free chest freezer. My only requirement is that I *really* don't want to modify the freezer.

I have seen two types of controllers: Ranco and Johnson. I'm looking for a model that you can plug your freezer directly into (ie no wiring required). Does anyone know the part number for this for either of these brands?

Get a digital. The analogs are cheaper but have a wider swing and aren't as precise.

Also, get a dual output. This way you can also use a heating element. With the dual output you can dial in your temps and have the fermenter be within 1 degree of the setting no matter what the temp is outside.

No need for a thermowell. I get great results by just taping the probe to the side of the fermenter.

Back