I think I finally have SWMBO trained . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonvolt

Reaction score
So, today I am using googletalk with SWMBO from work. Since I am calendar-challenged, I have to ask her when it is a good time to brew. She then gives me some times when we don't have anything going on, and we decide that tonight is the best time.

Then . . . she asks me if she can get the water ready for me so that my strike water has been preboiled and sitting at 175 degrees when I get home from work.

:cool:

Now that, my brewing brothers and sisters, is a great brewer's wife. ;)

ablrbrau said:
I'll settle for tolerant-which my SWMBO is.:)

My ex was that way and even started brewing her own. Too bad it did not work out. Now that I am dating again, I think it turns a lot of them off. Oh well, I brew when I want now:rockin: She is a keeper

Halfway through my boil of a Dusseldorf Alt Bier. SWMBO had the water boiled (I know . . . all you bottled spring water brewers just RDWHAHB) and then sitting at a perfect 175 degrees for me when I got home!!

There is no way that I would be this far into my brew by 5:30 w/o here . . . I am spoiled!

:rockin:

By the way, just sampled my first taste of my London Porter (clone recipe of Fuller's London Porter). I put it on CO2 about a week ago after a 2 week secondary. This beer is still young, but :cross: it tastes great already!

Brewpastor said:
I can't imagine life as a brewer without a supportive SWMBO and mine is as supportive as I could ever imagine.

This is coming from a guy with a 40 gallon system! I can't imagine a SWMBO being much more supportive than that. That really is a nice system !

Back