Bottling beer in 2 liter "Diet Coke" or "Diet Pepsi" bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theguy

Reaction score
I will be bottling my most current batch (Scottish Export) of brew later this week and was thinking of using some 2 liter bottles. The 2 liters contained “Diet Coke” and “Diet Pepsi”. I haven’t decided if I should risk it. So my question is: Has anyone had good/bad results using “Diet Coke” or “Diet Pepsi” 2 liter bottles and if so, can you share your experience?

I do this often. I have the carb caps. This way, I rack some of my beer from primary or secondary to the two liters, squeeze all the air out, hook it up to co2 and turn it up to 20psi. I then shake the heck out of it and place in the fridge, by the next day, I have carbonated fresh beer!

It seems like the general consensus is that 2 liters are OK except that they you need to drink quickly after opening (shouldn't be a problem). Thanks for all of the great replies.

I am currently sitting in a beach house @ the Outer Banks sipping on a Brown Ale that I transferred from my keg using two 2 litre Pepsi bottles and the "carbonator" caps. I have a "portable" carb thingy to keep the rest from going flat. The first bottle is gone and we are half way through the second. This is the only way to take kegged beer anywhere!

Back