these prices seem too low

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The delivered price will be close to $150.00 when you figure in the shipping. The keg and connectors are the Pin Lock style. They work OK, but there's a higher demand for the more popular Ball Lock type and that may explain the somewhat lower price.

Indeed, the keg is awesome. I've already bought an extra ball-lock keg and all the hose and disconnects I need for a two-keg system from my LHBS, too. Can't comment on shipping from keg connection since the keg system I have was a gift, but everything seems to be in good shape. I did replace all the o-rings with the new set (included in the kit), because all the rubber parts in my keg smelled strongly of root beer. The outside of the keg was a little rough, too, but a soak in oxiclean and a little scrubbing with bar keeper's friend cleaned it up nicely.

Huh, if I could spend the money, I'd get myself a setup. I guess you'd still need to spend another 400 bucks for the kegerator and beer tower though...

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=426

$130 for the regulator, corny keg, co2 cylinder and some other stuff?

Is this decent stuff?

btw, this is not an ad of some sort lol

I am a repeat customer of Keg Connection. They offer good products at a good price and they deliver on their word. If you're not happy they will make it right.
Usual disclaimer - I do not work for them or gain from my testimonial

Huh, if I could spend the money, I'd get myself a setup. I guess you'd still need to spend another 400 bucks for the kegerator and beer tower though...

Well, I suppose you could get a kegerator and tower, but that's not strictly required. I have my kegs in a chest freezer with picnic taps. A used chest freezer is cheap, and a new one is well under $200 (that will hold 4 kegs or more). I hear commercial temp controllers are ~$80, but I built my own, so I haven't priced commercial ones myself. This is still an expense, but not nearly $400.

I guess you could also buy a used fridge and put it in there with some kind of hand dispenser thing like they use at resturaunts?

Keg Connection is awesome and I'll happily use them again, but one caveat: they are slow and unresponsive to e-mail inquiries. If you need customer service, call them on the phone and they'll help you immediately. Keep that in mind and they're great.

I was going to get a paintball tank and regulator as a second setup. By the time I priced it out plus disconnects, fittings, hoses, and picnic tap i found the paintball tank kit at kegconnection with a keg for 5$ more (was on sale at the time for $99). I bought it and a bunch of other stuff-shipping came to about $17. Was delivered promptly. I already had 9 kegs, all decent, but the 1 I received was in better shape than any of mine. You will be satisfied with your purchase. I hope you can find some place to fill that tank though, as in my area it would be exchanged probably for an old rusty steel one!

On another note, I found a 9 cu ft freezer at a yard sale for $40. I bought a new Ranco controller off ebay for $60. The freezer holds 4 pin-locks or 5 ball-locks as is with no modifications. I have no desire for taps (something else for the kids to mess with). I just open the lid and pour a cold one-the picnic taps work fine.

Back