FINALLY got to taste my first homebrew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoolyBooger

Reaction score
Soooo, I kind of jumped in with both feet and did a double bock for my first brew. After 2 excruciating months I FINALLY got to taste the finished product and..... WOW! It is freaking awesome! My second batch is a honey wheat which I also got to try tonight (as it doesnt have to condition as long as the double bock) and it is also very good. I have an APA dry hopping as we speak and I will be brewing a sweet stout next weekend. Needless to say, I have the bug. I am so glad I decided to pursue this wonderful hobby!

Ah yes, the home brew bug. Wait until you get the itch, and 3 months later you have a kegerator from a full fridge, a tricked out all grain set up, and more closer space than your wife.

Congrats on your first batch(es)! You are much braver than I was, couldn't imagine waiting two months to try my first.

Huisache said:
Congrats on your first batch(es)! You are much braver than I was, couldn't imagine waiting two months to try my first.

The reason I started brewing is because I couldn't find my favorite double bock anywhere near where I live. So I decided if you can't find it, brew it! Things spiraled out of control from there. and I couldn't be happier about it!

I'm into my fourth brew, amber ale, arrogant clone, double IPA, and Saison (fermenting) & brewing a RIS on Monday. I also have the bug, what a great thing to ' harvest' , create, make and enjoy something with your own hands! Cheers!

EatWell said:
I'm into my fourth brew, amber ale, arrogant clone, double IPA, and Saison (fermenting) & brewing a RIS on Monday. I also have the bug, what a great thing to ' harvest' , create, make and enjoy something with your own hands! Cheers!

Well said. It is a great feeling when you create something from relatively raw materials. I get a thrill from gardening, woodworking, reloading ammo, tying flies, and most recently... Brewing! There is just something special about being more or less self reliant.

Latest posts

Back