Brew Hut Raising Weekend - 4/25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That pretty much wrapped it up for today. :D

BrewhausBuild24.jpg

From this angle, you can see what 20 feet long looks like with a 6 foot porch.

BrewhausBuild25.jpg

And from this angle, you can see what 12 feet wide looks like. With the roof overhang on the sides, it pushes it to just past 14 feet wide.

BrewhausBuild26.jpg

I hope to get the final siding on tomorrow.

Wow! Ever so thoughtful of you Ed! You need to get down here some time, and I'll buy you a brew or thirty.

I figured folks from the southern hemisphere wouldn't want to turn it right side up to read it. :D

I do hope to make it down under some time near the end of the year.

I do hope to make it down under some time near the end of the year.

Really? That would be super cool. I doubt that you will factor in a trip to Canberra, unless you are into politics (it's the washington DC of Australia), But it's only 2 1/2 hours to Sydney from my house, so I would be more than happy to drive up.:mug:

Today was siding day. My neighbor and SWMBO pitched in and we have completely sided.

BrewhausBuild27.jpg

Here a shot from behind my Texas Hop Garden. I have two Chinook and 2 Magnum hops starting in the pots to the left. The guy in the back ground is my 6'2" 13 year old son wanting to know if he can get back to World of Warcraft.

BrewhausBuild28.jpg

BrewhausBuild29.jpg

BrewhausBuild30.jpg

That's it for this weekend.

BrewhausBuild31.jpg

Next weekend is the soffit, fascia and trim pieces followed by enclosing the ceiling part above the porch, then we cut the hole for the Air Conditioner as most of the work is inside. We'll finish the roof too. Then the real fun stuff begins.

Yea I'd love to get a middle of the project virtual tour of the inside.

Any interior pics yet Ed???

Ok, here you go. It's not much yet. Just an empty shell 12 feet wide by 20 feet long. An empty canvas so far. I want to get the roof and trim finished, then AC installed (I'll run a 100 ft. 12 ga extension cord to run the AC while we do the wiring.)

Looking in, back left (grain storage under counters holding conicals.
BrewhausBuild32.jpg

Back right, where brew rig will go along long side of shed. Flashing hood will be above for venting all steam and airborne wort particles while brewing. I'm cutting vents down below for air return for proper circulation.
BrewhausBuild33.jpg

Front of Brewhaus. Entrance. Along the left wall will be a German Hutch to hold all my beer glasses and stuff. SWMBO refinished it in Germany years ago.

BrewhausBuild34.jpg

Front of Brewhaus. The right corner will have a German Eckbank table, bench & chairs to seat 6 comfortably with easy access to the bier taps.

BrewhausBuild35.jpg

My neighbor and I were talking about sitting out enjoying the Biergarten when this puppy is done and we came up with the idea of an outside beer faucet. SWMBO wants to put a flower box under the window, so we are going to build a secret compartment in the middle that swings down revealing a Perlick faucet while creating place to put the glass. I'll run a heavily insulated beer line back to the cold room that can reach any keg there. No need to lock it as it will only be connected for parties & such.

The arrow marks the spot.

SecretTapper.jpg

Man that is a thing of beauty. Looks like you need a roofer though ;) Shame you live so far away.
If it interests you I have a hatachi coil nailer for shingling (creme de la creme baby), If you want to pay shipping both ways you are more than welcome to it.

An outdoor faucet is a great idea! I was thinking about putting one through the body panel of my jeep today to use while camping...not gonna happen but it was a nice thought.

Looking great ed. Love the secret outdoor faucet idea! It'll also mean not having to let cold air out of the hut every time you need a new pint.

More importantly, it'll mean not having to get up and go back in the hut.

My neighbor and I were talking about sitting out enjoying the Biergarten when this puppy is done and we came up with the idea of an outside beer faucet. SWMBO wants to put a flower box under the window, so we are going to build a secret compartment in the middle that swings down revealing a Perlick faucet while creating place to put the glass. I'll run a heavily insulated beer line back to the cold room that can reach any keg there. No need to lock it as it will only be connected for parties & such.

The arrow marks the spot.

SecretTapper.jpg

*cues the James Bond music*

Don't forget your secret decoder ring! And the cornies can double as missile launchers! And an extra CO2 tank with poison gas for the bad guys!

Oh! Oh! And Halle Berry or Denise Richards or Teri Hatcher or (insert favorite Bond Girl's name here) pulling pints for you!:ban::mug::rockin:

Man that is a thing of beauty. Looks like you need a roofer though ;) Shame you live so far away.
If it interests you I have a hatachi coil nailer for shingling (creme de la creme baby), If you want to pay shipping both ways you are more than welcome to it.

Sweet! I may take you up on that. Is it air driven? I take it it shoots galvanized roofing nails? That would make very short work of getting the shingles on. Can you recommend a ridge vent? I'm looking for the kind that has baffles that create a negative pressure when the wind blows across it. I'm still figuring out what kind of soffit vents to install. Thanks.

Ed-
For the secret faucet...why not split the lines of 2 of your most favorite beers in the coldroom? You could tee off with a ball valve inside the cold room, then all you'd need to do is flip the valve on and run the beer thru the line to the front porch. 2 lines is better than one (and like the situation with your ground lines, just as easy) , that way you can mix it up and people can choose:)

Did a search for a "German Eckbank table". Here is a idea how to finish your room :)

post-10663-1202887630.jpg

Ours is similar to this one I found.

150207.13.jpg

But SWMBO upholstered it pretty nicely. I'll have pics of it next week as I need to get it out of storage to put in place to maker sure I have enough room before the walls for the cold storage go up.

These tables are great for beer drinking and discussing hops, malt or Newsweek covers. :D

Ed, this is awesome!! I have enjoyed following along with this project, I just wish I had room for something like it. Between the Brew Hut and the Hop Garden, you have made me very jealous.

Back