Using other kits on BeerMachine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedRum

Reaction score
Will there be any significant problems if i use other kits (Young's, John Bull) on my beermachine2000?

The Beermachine works as both a fermenter and a keg. Will there be a problem with curd, as there is no second fermenter?

Virtually any all extract kit will work well. Only the capacity of the beermachine should be a factor. You would have to scale down 5 gallon kits. On the bright side, your chances for contamination is less than most other systems because you are not transferring to other containers.

Thanks Genghis, you've been most helpful.

What I think I might do is fill a 5 gallon basic plastic fermenter using a kit. Then when it's finished cooking, i'll split it into two beer machines to carbonate.

The only problem is the price of beer machines.

The BeerMachine makes a great start into kegging. You might get a 3 or 5 gallon carboy and airlock and split that way. That would be a good way to reduce cost.:cross:

Back