What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haven't had this in a long time.

image.jpg

Yup.... I hate myself

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Home Brew mobile app

It's all good. Just have a beer and maybe try the electronic cigarettes or the patch. We all slip up once in a while. Just remind yourself of the reasons you decided to quit in the first place.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Home Brew mobile app

Aggressive pour? Nope. Looks like a bottle gusher infection in this ancient Smash IPA i made last year but decided to save a bottle of for some reason.

Galaxy and MO mashed at 154 with 4 oz of galaxy. Was good when i first made it. Not so much now.

image-2738156769.jpg

Fresh or past it's prime it still wasn't all that good. :)

Yeah, but at least fresh there was some hop character.

It's all good. Just have a beer and maybe try the electronic cigarettes or the patch. We all slip up once in a while. Just remind yourself of the reasons you decided to quit in the first place.

I've been struggling with quitting for the past couple years. This latest attempt has been my longest non-smoking stretch so far. Tomorrow will be exactly six months without a cig. If I can do it, anyone can so just keep the faith.

I quit smoking 1998 and have since (in one way or another) spent my $ on tobacco products. Smoking cigars or dip...now its the electronic cigarettes. There are times when I'm around someone smoking and it makes me sick. There are times (watching a movie or around friends) when I crave it!!! Just have to remind yourself why you quit in the first place and it all comes back.

Keep strong!

Now some hoppy wheat. My first attempt at a partigyle. Very thin and not very flavorful at all. Due to the extremely low alcohol content(2.8%) and the fact that i most likely overpitched for such a light beer. Slight sulfury flavor perhaps from too much yeast? I thought with some time this would develop into a better beer..nope. This was only a 1 gallon experiment so i only had a couple bombers to play with.

Not terrible but not great either. I drank the first piir. Dumped the rest of the bottle.

image-2050866415.jpg

Yeah, but at least fresh there was some hop character.

I've been struggling with quitting for the past couple years. This latest attempt has been my longest non-smoking stretch so far. Tomorrow will be exactly six months without a cig. If I can do it, anyone can so just keep the faith.

Nice Nuke. 6 months is a good milestone.

I unfortunately tend to smoke half a cigarette every 2-3 weeks. I have a pack that is stale, from September, that I still pull from.. Fortunately once I take a drag I taste how nasty/stale it is and put it out shortly after. I want to migrate to an ecig to see if that helps, but I am afraid I will smoke it more often

Water....lots of it. Hit up a Chinese buffet with a friend, bad decision. Yikes.
Good brew day though, quite pleased with myself...which isn't hard to do. :p

Most importantly, Remmy, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. :(
Condolences Remmy...been there and it's tough. Hello...enjoying your Wonder HB! Sounds like the rest of your brew process was successful. Cheers!

IMAG2399.jpg

More yeungling bock... 19.99 a case... Can't beat it

Me and some other guys I know out here would do some pretty unspeakable things to get ahold of some Yeungling... And don't get discouraged with quitting smoking. It's real hard, especially when you're drinking or dealing with crap. I've switched to the ecig and for the most part only use it when I've had quite a bit to drink, even going through my nasty divorce which will be final in a few weeks.

I unfortunately tend to smoke half a cigarette every 2-3 weeks. I have a pack that is stale, from September, that I still pull from.. Fortunately once I take a drag I taste how nasty/stale it is and put it out shortly after. I want to migrate to an ecig to see if that helps, but I am afraid I will smoke it more often

Thanks. I think it's going to stick this time. I honestly have no desire to smoke anymore except for the occasional craving when I see my wife smoking. I was hoping my quitting would inspire her to quit, but so far, nothing.

Thanks. I think it's going to stick this time. I honestly have no desire to smoke anymore except for the occasional craving when I see my wife smoking. I was hoping my quitting would inspire her to quit, but so far, nothing.

Yup my gf smoking was my downfall... I am so good during the week but last night i had a bit to drink and had one of hers.... Oh and yuengling is a good cheap lager... Maybe we could work a trade

Yup my gf smoking was my downfall... I am so good during the week but last night i had a bit to drink and had one of hers.... Oh and yuengling is a good cheap lager... Maybe we could work a trade

My wife was nice enough to switch to an e-cigarette when I quit, and she stuck to that around me until she also quit. There was a good 4 months in between. If she kept smoking in the apartment and the car and what have you, I probably wouldn't have made it. I'm looking forward to a year smoke free come March.

Life of the Mind batch 2 and homemade Bahn Mi. Next time I want to make Bahn Mi from scratch, I'm either starting the day before or first thing in the morning instead of 5pm. Oh well, still freakin delicious.

Me and some other guys I know out here would do some pretty unspeakable things to get ahold of some Yeungling... And don't get discouraged with quitting smoking. It's real hard, especially when you're drinking or dealing with crap. I've switched to the ecig and for the most part only use it when I've had quite a bit to drink, even going through my nasty divorce which will be final in a few weeks.

When I was going through the divorce and some other crap I was angry and smoking like fiend. When most of the **** storm got settled and a few tries I went cold turkey. Eight + now! Keep it up!

I'm assuming that bit about Yuengling wasn't directed toward me, but just in case, no thanks. Not a big fan of it, though it does make a good cheap session alternative to BMC when it's available.

Awww, yeah. Been waiting for this all week. Toasty, biscuity, coffee, chocolate and a bit of alcohol warmth. Best damn imperial stout to come out of a Connecticut brewery, possibly even the best imperial stout produced by NE breweries.

20140118_231800 by aaron.j.lott, on Flickr

I'm assuming that bit about Yuengling wasn't directed toward me, but just in case, no thanks. Not a big fan of it, though it does make a good cheap session alternative to BMC when it's available.

Awww, yeah. Been waiting for this all week. Toasty, biscuity, coffee, chocolate and a bit of alcohol warmth. Best damn imperial stout to come out of a Connecticut brewery, possibly even the best imperial stout produced by NE breweries.

Yea my bad that was supposed to be for brewinholligan

That imperial stout trooper looks awesome!!!!

Is that a seasonal or a regular release from NEBCO? How hard is it to find?

It is. You should try and get your hands on some. I bet you could score some if you made the trip over to CT.

I'll be heading to Boston on a business trip next week. I plan to stop while in CT and pick up some Gandhi-bot (and now) Some imperial trooper along the way.

I'm on a South Texas Death Ride with my wife, The Union Underground, and a Perihelial Release of The Hairy Eyeball. Life is good!!!

If I may say so, you are at a great point. From what it sounds like, you are no longer a smoker, just a casual puffer. Don't do an e-cig, you will likely smoke much more. If you are having half a cig every 2-3 weeks you are not an addict and an e-cig might make you one though.

Just about done with another bomber of homebrew. Looking at houses we cant afford with SWMBO.

This time my dark mild which im enjoying more with every bottle i open.

This is what hurts me the most at times. My fiancee smokes about 2-3 a day to help her digest, but always in the evening (the only time I am home weekdays since I work 6-6 with an hour commute).

Just about done with another bomber of homebrew. Looking at houses we cant afford with SWMBO.

A good Mild is possible the best thing ever. Except for a good Bitter. Definitely my two favorite styles to brew.

Good luck with the house search. In this area, taxes alone are pushing 10K per year. Makes me sick to my stomach! !!

Is that a seasonal or a regular release from NEBCO? How hard is it to find?

Not sure how hard it is to find now, but when it showed up last week it was the first time I've seen it here in over a year. It has yet to be seen how consistent it's presence will be in the near future.

Latest posts

Back