What fittings are used with the March Pump?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wedge421

Reaction score
I just purchased a new March pump from NB. What connections do I need to get in order to be able to hook up the inlet and outlet hoses? And are they available at Lowes and HD haha.:mug:

The threads on the pump head use 1/2" FNPT fittings. The easy route is to use a hose barb and slap some hose on it with a hose clamp. If you get brass fittings then be careful to not over tighten. You can strip the threads easily. Use lots of teflon tape and tighten till snug

I put a 1/2 NPT ball valve on the output side, then what ever connection to your hose you want... straight barb, quick connect, etc.

You don't need a valve on the intake, in fact it isnt recommended. You can restrict the output to control your flow. Works great.

Here is my manifold... works very well... the ball valve on the far right helps to get it primed.

DSCN0455.jpg

Whole Rig

DSCN0454.jpg

Mine has barbs... BUT you MUST hose clamp them if you plan to pump hot fluids... the hoses, no matter how tight, will blow off the barbs when the heat gets turned up.

Back