Killed By the UPS Man

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer:30

Chief Bottle Washer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Last night while my wife was stuck at work late the UPS man did come to drop off my snuck brewings equipment order...but.....HE ONLY DELIVERD BOX 1 of 3!
I'm done for! The rest come tonight and I will be sooo busted:mad:

First off, I had to re-read the first part of that. My heart skipped a beat. The title reads "Killed By the UPS Man", then the first part of the post reads, "Last night...my wife was stuck..." which looked liked "struck" to me. For a second I thought your wife got run over by a UPS truck. Yikes.

Anyway, what do you mean, "busted"? If you think that you can hide this hobby from your wife, you're mistaken...unless you have a secret brew cave under the house.... :D

Agreed, I know it is easier to ask forgivness but this is one thing that you can't sneek by, just try to bring her in on it too, could be a fun family event.

Cheers

Repeat after me: "Hello, my name is WormBoy, and I'm a brewholic."

The first step is always admitting that you have a problem. :D

greenhornet said:
What you don't?

Seriously, buy her something she's been wanting and your good to go...

I'm always open with my wife about my brewing addiction. She loves my beers, so she doesn't argue too much. And it's never about money, just about taking 6+ hours out of my weekend to brew.

Haha no Evan! I didn't mean it like that....

I mean you don't have a secret brew cave? Jeez don't know how I'd live without mine jk :D

She just isn't a beer person. She has tasted a number of my beers and said they tasted great "If she liked beer" Whatever that means.
In terms of the spending, I just tend to buy everything I want [need] as the impluse strikes me, so with these next few boxes my ten gallon set-up is completely dialed in. No more kettle/water/burner shuffling. Three kettles, three burners, no lifting - yipee.
But a brew cave aye?
Hmmm, I could start to dig through a basement wall....

ohiobrewtus said:
My beer cave is a lot like this, except for beer. :drunk:

WTF?!? Now exactly how do you list that when you get ready to move?

Lovely 4br/3ba country chalet with hidden 2500sq.ft. nursery and loading dock.

That would be so cool to have (without the dope). Imagine the brewery you could set up down there. A walk-in cooler and you would be set. The ultimate man cave.

the_bird said:
What do you think the electric and water bills run on a place like that?

You think that might cause some suspicion?

That's one way that law enforcement checks on suspicious properties - they read the outside meter. If it's way off the charts, they've found a grow-house.

/lived two doors down from one in college
//used to walk my dog past the cops staking out the place
///the neighbors were too stupid/stoned to notice. Now they're in jail (I assume).

the_bird said:
What do you think the electric and water bills run on a place like that?

You think that might cause some suspicion?

That's what I'm trying to figure out too. How do the neighbors not notice an underground lab being built into the side of a mountain, or not see contractors coming in and out but no visiblework ever being done to the house?

That's some dedication to your craft though.

If my wife asks where I got something... I just say... oh, I have had this for a long time... (she doesnt know what equipment I have or dont have) he he

The Pol said:
If my wife asks where I got something... I just say... oh, I have had this for a long time... (she doesnt know what equipment I have or dont have) he he

I'm trying to ascertain whether SWMBO knows I do not have a grain mill right now, in case she hears one in the basement....

the_bird said:
I busted my wife doing that to me! I'm the one who brought it into the household! She was putting it in THE DAMN LAUNDRY!! :mad: :mad: :mad:
I know exactly what you mean. My girlfriend kiped my oxyclean.

ohiobrewtus said:
That's what I'm trying to figure out too. How do the neighbors not notice an underground lab being built into the side of a mountain, or not see contractors coming in and out but no visiblework ever being done to the house?

What about gigantic tunneling machine?!?

I read once that most operations like this are tipped off by the power bill.

Back