Making Tap Handles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cpbergie

Reaction score
Anyone making their own tap handles? if so, what size hole do you drill into the bottom to screw it onto the faucet? Any secrets on getting a tight fit?

One of the internet brewing retailers (morebeer I think) has an adapter that you just thread in to the base of your home-made handle. That'd probably be the best way to do it.

The threaded adapters work well. Another option is to just buy some 3/8"-16
nuts and glue them into whatever you're using for the handle. I've done both, and they seem to work just fine either way.

I just cut 3" X 4" X 1" blocks of wood, drilled a hole in the bottom, tapped the wood and then soaked the threads with thin CA (crazy glue). They are easy to make and low enough so they don't interfere with putting kegs in the freezer.

DSCN2954.jpg

Monster Mash said:
I just cut 3" X 4" X 1" blocks of wood, drilled a hole in the bottom, tapped the wood and then soaked the threads with thin CA (crazy glue).

What size hole did you drill?

Or just buy the right sized t-nut. You can get the kind that are self tapping, or some with holes to put tiny nails or screws through into your tap handle. You can buy packages of them for next to nothing at any big box hardware store. What size are beer faucet screws? 3/8"??

They look like this: http://www.woodpeck.com/tnut.html

That's what I'm planning on using - stainles if I can find it (probably not).

kvh

Latest posts

Back