• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Feeler: 10gal Corny Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JetSmooth

Reaction score
It KILLS me to post this.

I have two SWEET 10 gallon soda kegs bought from a forum member, but I am in so deep with my spending money that I won't be able to use them or do any brewing for like seven months (seriously). :(

These are the real deal. 10 gallon A&W Rootbeer kegs. I will be getting pics of them soon. The logo painted on the front is the original A&W logo, which they stopped using in the mid 1960's. So these are at least 50 years old. Built like a tank, they are awesome and I don't see any reason why they couldn't be used like any corny keg.

The only thing missing on them is the liquid out post. However, these look to be all standard Firestone fittings, so those can be replaced. I already found the posts for like $14 apiece. I planned on using them for fermenting, so that wasn't a concern for me. The pressure relief is also unlike anything I've seen before. Gaskets are a little different. McMaster to the rescue!

Took a bit of effort to clean one up from the condition they were in when I got them. I wonder what people would offer for them. Serious offers only.

I'd like to see some pictures but I'm very interested and fairly local. Seem like a great idea for a house staple that goes fast. Do you have the dimensions of the kegs (mainly height)?

Have you used them since buying? Do they hold pressure?

Waiting eagerly for pics. :rockin:

-Dave

I haven't used them. Can't say whether they hold pressure, but I don't see any reason why they wouldn't if the post was replaced and new gaskets put on. The tops appear to be in great condition with no dings or out of whack edges. These don't seal like typical cornies. They have a top that screws on and then tightens with a wingnut that compresses the gasket against the inside.

Haven't measured the height, but they are 12 inches diameter.

Here are some pics. I only cleaned up one of them so far.

dsc_0019.jpg

dsc_00211.jpg

dsc_0023.jpg

What am I bid for one of these most excellent kegs? Starting the bid at $200.

BTW, I also have two standard ball-lock 5 gallon kegs on Craigslist for $45 each. Could go both for $75 for a forum member.

Back