Priming Sugar Alternatives; Next Batch Advice Needed "Mocha Stout"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redearthcognac

Reaction score
I'm making a Brewers Best American Amber and I was thinking of replacing the priming sugar with Dark Brown Sugar to attain an even sweeter and darker flavor and color. I don't remember exactly how much priming sugar comes in the kit, but I'll be home later and check. Anyone know what the conversion should be so as not to create bottle bombs?

Also, I found some extracts from a company but the brewers best seems to be the most complete kit...though the cost of the extracts makes me think I should grab them and build my own kits from DME and some steeping grains found at local stores or online. Do most extracts come as a kit with steeping grain, or is it just the Brewers Best?

I really want to make a chocolate-coffee stout, I was thinking of picking up an Oatmeal stout kit and adding chocolate and coffee...dark chocolate. What's the best way to infuse those flavors...I'm imagining patience will be a much needed factor, and I'll definitely rack to secondary. I am essentially looking for an alcoholic Mocha drink, like a beer version of a frappuccino. Let the recipes roll guys, cause I need to get supplies. I plan to start my stout upon bottling the amber next weekend (though I'm impatient and want to do it now...but I trust you guys so I'm going the full three weeks in primary).

Back