First 2012 Brew Day Fail

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goofiefoot

Reaction score
Before I even got started.

I knew Austin Homebrew had some days it was closed for the holiday, but didn't look close enough at their calendar to see that they were not open today. Heck, they were open on Saturday, and I could have grabbed my ingredients then.

I have today off, and was planning to brew 10 gallons of brown ale and split them. 5 gallons for "immediate" consumption, the other 5 to ferment over tart cherries for a kriek. Today was the first day I've even remotely had time to brew, so I'm pretty upset with myself for not checking on this sooner. Crap.

That sucks! i've been buying in bulk so my biggest complaint of the day is trying to figure out what i want to drink in 4 weeks....

Haha, just breakin your chops. Probably because I'm jealous that you get to DRIVE TO AHS to get your stuff, instead of having to order everything online, usually forgetting something and having to place another small order. Lucky bastard

Haha, just breakin your chops. Probably because I'm jealous that you get to DRIVE TO AHS to get your stuff, instead of having to order everything online, usually forgetting something and having to place another small order. Lucky bastard

You mean to tell me there's not a good homebrew supplies store on Staten Island???

Well, Kmart recently had mr beet kits. Nah, nothing, not even a bad one. There's a couple in brooklyn and one in manhattan, but nothing in Staten Island. Theres very little interest in this area in homebrewing.

CanadianQuaffer said:
You mean to tell me there's not a good homebrew supplies store on Staten Island???

Ain't nothing on staten island but produce markets and bakeries.

Kidding. Haven't been there in a while.

Well, Kmart recently had mr beet kits. Nah, nothing, not even a bad one. There's a couple in brooklyn and one in manhattan, but nothing in Staten Island. Theres very little interest in this area in homebrewing.

I was *about* to suggest that you open one yourself until I read that last bit.

Man, second to running my own brewery, owning my own LHBS store is a dream of mine.

JohnnyO said:
Ain't nothing on staten island but produce markets and bakeries.

Kidding. Haven't been there in a while.

You're just about right. Except now they're russian stores.

People on SI are more interested in xanax and percoset then good beer.

I guess I've taken for granted the convenience of having a top-notch brew store 5 minutes from my house. Even if they are closed on random Mondays. ;)

Back