Bottle Conditionning problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marbee777

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been using kegs for quite sometimes and decided to try the bottles again. I made a stupid mistake by not adding fresh yeast after filtration and I'm affraid no condiotionning will happen because of low (if none) yeast count.

My filter pads were coarse not fine, I presume so yeast were remained but perhaps not merely enough.

I added priming sugar as required. I left the bottles away from light and at room temperature and after a week absolutely no carbonation was present.

I think I might have to poor all those bottles in a keg but before is there any way I could solve this?

Thanks!!

Mario :mug:

i week is a bit premature - are you seeing any sediment on the bottom of the bottles?
i would gently agitate the bottles and give it 2 more weeks at a temp of at least 70 degrees before worrying.

I've never filtered beer, but I understand what you're talking about.

It is indeed possibly to open each bottle, pitch a few grains of dry yeast, and recap.

I would agree though, to give em a little more time at 70F and watch for sediment or even the slightest 'hiss' when cracking one open before you go the route of pitching each bottle again.

GOOD GREAT AWESOME NEWS!!!

I just opened one bottle I put in fridge last night and IT IS AWESOME! Nice carbonation, a little chill haze but really not much.

Thanks for your support! Cheers!

Marbee777 said:
GOOD GREAT AWESOME NEWS!!!

I just opened one bottle I put in fridge last night and IT IS AWESOME! Nice carbonation, a little chill haze but really not much.

Thanks for your support! Cheers!
Time cures all.

Back