From where should I order?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkero

Reaction score
Hello to everyone.
I would like to start making my own beer. I live in Greece, but I can't find anyone here who sells beer ingredients like malt, hops etc. Unfortunately, ordering from USA is really expensive and with big shpping times. Could anyone suggest a webshop from Europe that I could order what I need for making my own beer?

Thank you all for your time

You could try The Brew shop in the UK.
http://www.zen37219.zen.co.uk/Acces.htm

You'd have to email them to ask.

A have a feeling that you'd need to buy a full kit at a time due to weight. a 25kg sack of grain would cost a fortune.

As for the parts for the brewery I'd try and source them locally. If you look at the brew gear of some guys on here it's a simple as a few buckets and stuff.
Do you have wine making outlets? They will have some of the technical bits you need.

Mine is fairly basic and made from second hand/found/scrounged bits.

Good luck. All the help you need on here.

Thanks for your fine reply. I think that I'll find all the needed parts for brewing. But I'm afraid that I won't find here in Greece the basic ingredients for the beer. Maybe, later time I could plant hops :) It's a thought. Nevermind.

The link you gave looks quite interesting. I'm going to search it now. Thanks again for your help.

Maybe someone in Europe who has access to various malted barleys, hops, yeast, etc. at a brewshop or other source will work out some kind of agreement where you send them the money and they pick up your list and ship it to you. Shipping would cost you a fortune or I'd run to my local homebrew supply and pick up the items you'd need except for the yeast, those little guys wouldn't make the trip over. Good luck and maybe someone on this forum will be within a close shipping distance of you and get what you need. I'm thinking that there might be a business opportunity in Europe for a distributor for homebrew supplies. Orfy, what do you think? Enough demand over there for someone to set up a distributorship that would carry an adequate supply?

Back