Cracked Open My First Homebrew Tonight

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellardoor

Reaction score
So after first brewing my Irish Stout on March 24th and being ever so patient I cracked open my first home brew after 12 days in the bottle. I was surprised as it seemed fully carbed and has the same iss and CO2 haze in the bottle. It pours a real nice dark brown with a quarter inch head that so far has been retained through out the pint. The color is quite dark and I can't see through the glass holding it up to a light. I'm assuming its from only keeping it in the primary and my less than good racking techniques. (Hey it was my first time). It tasted quite good so far and I can taste some residual sweetness that I'm assuming its some of the priming sugar not used up yet. It tastes more malty than most other commercial stouts but i'm not sure if thats because it's green or just part of the beer. I'm not saying it's a bad thing just something I've noted. Damn I feel so proud right now and this hobby has taken over. I've spend over $400 on this hobby already and just cracked open my first brew.

I've got the AHS Bavarian hefe in my primary right now. A batch of EdWorts apfelwein going in my 5 gal carboy next week and 2 kits and a 6 gal better bottle coming from Midwest that should be ready for my wedding reception on July 19th.

Thanks everyone here for all the information I've read on these boards and the advise I've been given this past month. :mug:

s6300991smallsr4.jpg

400 $ ? You need to go out right now and spend more. LOL

welcome to the obsession and enjoy that beer . The first is always special

Just tapped a keg of my stout a few days ago...A littel warm in these parts for a stout, but it is YUMMY!!!!:ban:

Back