What's Your Favorite Condiment?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
Mine is Franks Red Hot Wings.

I literally put that shiz on EVERYTHING!

I'm eating it right now on some cabbage.

50996506.jpg

Either one of these, but preferably the one in front.

*Protip* add to some frank's red-hot on wings for a special treat.

WHOA!!! I have never seen the rooster chili garlic sauce!!!

Must. Find. Now....

My favorite restaraunt in Hong Kong has thee best chili garlic sauce, but the bastids wouldn't tell me much about it :(

Love the siracha - so I'm sure I'd love the chili garlic version!

WHOA!!! I have never seen the rooster chili garlic sauce!!!

Must. Find. Now....

My favorite restaraunt in Hong Kong has thee best chili garlic sauce, but the bastids wouldn't tell me much about it :(

Love the siracha - so I'm sure I'd love the chili garlic version!

Mekong Market in Mesa or Lee Lee Asian Market in Chandler both have a variety including the one with the rooster :) (the next time you find yourself in the Phoenix area don't forget)

Mekong Market in Mesa or Lee Lee Asian Market in Chandler both have a variety including the one with the rooster :) (the next time you find yourself in the Phoenix area don't forget)

Ha, didn't even notice you were in Phx!

Yes, I shall try to remember - I'm assuming the market down at the Chinese Cultural Center (can't remember the name - 202 and 44th St) has it...

As for hot sauce, I'm a Cholula hot sauce fanatic. Love it on eggs and for general breakfast foods. For pork tacos and Tex-Mex I always go with Valentina hot sauce. For pizza, I like Franks with blue cheese for dipping. Upstate NY thing I guess.

However, I am a fiend for a really good mustard. After traveling around Eastern Europe I fell in love with good Polish mustards in particular. Delikatesowa is my favorite for general sandwiches and Kosciusko (brand) is great with grilled sausages. Though I also appreciate a really good Dijon.

Edit: Oooh. Siracha and it's chili sauce is very good too. Though I think the Korean version might be a little better...

Ha, didn't even notice you were in Phx!

Yes, I shall try to remember - I'm assuming the market down at the Chinese Cultural Center (can't remember the name - 202 and 44th St) has it...

That would be a Ranch market, and yeah, that's the first place I found it. :)

Props to the Franks, Cholula, and Sriracha lovers! Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce is also a heavily stocked condiment at my house.

My fav condiment? Hhhmmmm; I think that would have to be Kikkoman (it's got to be Kikkoman) soy sauce, I buy that stuff by the 1/2 gallon. Plochman's stone ground mustard comes in at a close 2nd, and of course there's ranch dressing. Got give a thumb's up to the garlic/chili paste (cousin to rooster sauce), it's great stuff! Regards, GF.

I would have to say it is a tie between bbq and hot sauce. Although I don't typically like spicy bbq sauces. :drunk:

Rooster Chili Garlic is the bomb.

But my favorite has to be Cholula Chipotle...

1432CH-2T.jpg

Cholula plain is my favorite mexican hot sauce, but the Chipotle is even better.

Another great one is

blk_200.jpg

Black Bean Garlic Paste. You can make a great sauce or marinade with it, by dilluting it with a little sake, lemon juice, white wine, or even a little water.

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone calls the 'rooster' sauce 'cock sauce' around here.. :)

My favorite condiment is hot sauce. I make my own and usually have 5 plus bottles of different types in my fridge.

Mustard is my favorite. All kids of mustard, but I have a real soft spot in my heart for the plain yellow stuff from the squeeze bottle.

+1 to Franks and Sriracha. Franks is a staple in upstate NY. I put it on almost anything.

Toss up between mustard and hot sauces. I've got five of each in the fridge. And my wife hates all of them, so it's strictly point-of-consumption use. No cooking with either, unless I make a low-spice version for her.

She does make a chili that will burn you for 24 hours (or less). Just won't eat it.

It's a tie between hot sauce(sriracha counts as a hot sauce in my book) and mustard. I rarely have less than three varieties of each on hand at any one time.

It's not a super hot sauce or anything, but I'm pretty fond of this one:
Pickapeppa.jpg

Kind of like... a Jamaican take on worcestershire sauce.

Worcestershire sauce.

I once bought a tub of mustard somewhere that claimed it was hot. On closer inspection, it supposed to be hot because it had peppers in it! WTF? if you want hot mustard, then just buy real mustard with 100% mustard in it instead of that French's crap! Peppers are for pepper dishes, mustard is mustard dishes!....Don't try to fool us that pepppers are the only way to go! Buggars!! Ooooh, Ggrrr!

I really like hot sauces but if i could only have one condiment it would be pepper, good fresh black pepper, I apply it liberally to everything.

I love Franks, but recently found this at Costco and fell in love. I do believe they carry it as a seasonal item. It can get pretty freakin hot.

Jamaica Me Sweet, Hot and Crazy Sauce
2009-01-02l_8405.jpg

Otherwise I use mustard on everything. I have a fridgefull of different mustards...

You ever read a certain part of the forum called The Tap Room?
We talked about it there.
neener.gif
Tap Room???? Never heard of the place.
Is that the smoker/camera/lousywives/hatemyjob section of HBT? I never go there. Too many wing nuts.
21,994; 17,044; and 21,711 is all I have to say.

Squeeze bacon? WTF!

Per Kaboodle.com,

The World's Most Perfect Food A few years after WWII ended, a young man working in a small restaurant in Sweden developed a new way to process bacon. By precooking it and blending it in a special way, he was able to make a fully cooked 100% bacon paste that could be squeezed from a tube. Knowing he had discovered something paradigm-shifting, young Vilhelm Lillefläsk quickly went into business. That, dear friends, is when Squeez Bacon® was born. And this delicious delectable from Sweden has finally been brought over to the USA - now with American Flavor! We've been working for months now with Vilhelm Lillefläsk (yes, he still runs the company!) to bring Squeez Bacon® here, and boy are we proud. Why? Because Squeez Bacon® is simply the tastiest bacon food product ever made. Did you know that it's rumored ABBA met while eating Squeez Bacon® sandwiches? And even IKEA founder Ingvar Kamprad (we've heard) never travels without a case! He loves it on his American style meatballs. Ojojoj! Vilhelm Lillefläsk's Squeez Bacon® is fully cooked 100% bacon. Due to the patented electro-mechanical process by which Squeez Bacon® is rendered, it requires no preservatives or other additives. Each serving is as healthy as real bacon, and equivalent to 4 premium slices of bacon! You can put it on sandwiches, pizza, pastas, bacon, soups, pies, eat it hot or cold (warm Squeez Bacon® on toasted rye is to die for), substitute it for bacon in your recipes, or even eat it right out of the tube like we do! If it's edible, it's better with Squeez Bacon®. In the immortal words of Vilhelm Lillefläsk, "Aldrig kommer att ge dig upp!" Once you get a taste of Squeez Bacon®, you'll know exactly what he meant. See less »

Im pretty partial to this for most uses

Louisiana_brand_hot_sauce.jpg

But for all other uses definately the Sambal Oelek Chili Sauce. The Siracha is ok but the garlic is too strong for me usually. I really like the vinegary sauces the best usually.

Back