Holiday Ale Labels - via Stamp and Stay-zon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoaringBrewer

Reaction score
Well, instead of doing the normal photoshop (which I'm not so good at anyway) and print of beer labels, I decided to use some christmas theme stamps we had to try and make some labels. I used Stay-zon solvent based ink, so it doesn't come off with water. Simply stamped Mr. Santa, the ale name with letters, and wrote in the bottle date/ABV with a gel pen... Also topped the bottle with a letter H (my last name and prototype brewery named "Hoppy's Brewing" with a frog as my emblem)...

Anyway, it's an unorthodox approach, but I think it turned out well...

Here's a finished label and a 6-pack...

HolidayAle3.jpg

HolidayAle1.jpg

HolidayAle2.jpg

wow those look great! I was thinking of doing some stamps maybe. Did it take you long to do six?

How did you do the bottle cap? That is my favorite part, I would love to do that with mine..

It took about 10-15 minutes to do 6 of them. I just stamped the Santas all at once, then the letters all at once. It's not an overly complex label, so it doesn't take too long. And I didn't ensure the letters were all in align, etc. That's why I went with the typewriter font, so it could look however...

I did the caps with a stamp from Michael's Craft. They have "seals" of all letters and a few logos (bear paw, smileys, etc.). You must use the Stay-zon ink to make it stay on the cap... Dries in 5 mins and does not come off with water. The ink is $7 per pad, but IMO its worth it. I'm sure you can stamp a TON of caps with one pad.

Thanks for the compliments...

Back