• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sw341034

Reaction score
I have a couple full size 15.5 gallon kegs I am not going to use. Only problem is they have rubber chimes on the top and bottom. They look like this:
Beer out the dock! on Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I was going to use them myself but decided to piece together a 40 gallon system. I don't know if anyone has any use for them but if so they are all yours. You pay shipping. It would be gold bricks if someone wanted to trade a shank and faucet for 'em but not necessary.

If anyone is interested. With the bottom chime off of these kegs they will fit perfecrtly in a used of damaged 17 inch wheel, the wheel also makes a great wind break.

Where in Chicagoland are you located??? I am in Lake County...I don't have any shanks or faucets, sorry, but would love to start kegging my beer...are they still free...when can I pick them up??? The pic shows 5 - 15.5 kegs and 8 corneys are you giving them all away???

Update: Sorry all, I never/don't know how to update my profile but I am currently located in Central California. Again still willing to ship these things if you pay shipping. westernill2- they are only 15/5 gallon kegs and I only have 3 (ill have to check to be sure) available. They are sankey kegs so the kegging may be more involved that you were thinking.

look for the UserCP button on the top bar, that will get you to account info.

I'm not interested in shipping, thanks for offering to the community though.

yup... I ferment in sankes... and like I was saying, I would take any/all you had.

Lemme check out what shipping would be.... but I doubt it would be cost effective.

Think you can ship on without packaging? Just slap a label on it and drop it off at UPS?

These have been spoken for, thanks for all that replied! I was kinda overwhelmed with the responses and didnt get to each of you individually. If something changes I will move down the list.

Latest posts

Back