NanoBrewery build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Amazing thread. Subscribed. Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. It's a dream my homebrew friends and I share. It's a relief to see that it's possible with some hard work.

Any news hbhoss!?
One day ill make it down there to visit!
I wish to brew the way you do someday....
Cheers.

Any news hbhoss!?
One day ill make it down there to visit!
I wish to brew the way you do someday....
Cheers.

Thank you for reading my thread.
I have a few beers out there getting evaluated by places. Hoping to hear from them soon as to if they are going to carry it or not.
Hope to see you some day.

But I read up to about page 19, I don't know if you have changed your pricing any. But the local liquor store that sells craft 1/6 barrel kegs, the cheapest one I can get is for about $74.99. then after that they are in the mid $90's. MAKE MONEY!

i work at a new local brewery and we sell our 1/6BBL for 74.99 and 1/2 BBL for 149.99. we have been picked up by a distribution company in the Phoenix area that will distribute our kegs to locations with taps and our bottles for sale.

Picked up 2 accounts. A restaurant and a sports bar. Now it's starting to get serious. The restaurant is going to carry my Red Ale and Porter. So far the sports bar just wants my Mild Ale to see how it goes then possibly something else down the line.

Read the whole thread and now convinced a Mao would succeed in my small town.

Just visited I and I brewing in Chino Ca, and your next on my nano brewery tour.

Ques. How's business?

Read the whole thread and now convinced a Mao would succeed in my small town.

Just visited I and I brewing in Chino Ca, and your next on my nano brewery tour.

Ques. How's business?

Business is picking up. These first 2 accounts, I hope, are the start of many more. Slow summer though at the tasting room. I think all the Europeans stayed home or went to the Olympics this year.

Just finished reading the rest of the thread while on vacation. Main reason i signed up for the board was to subscribe to this thread. Keep up the good work.

looks good .. I just found out that anything over 10 ft tall or larger than 100 square feet needs a permit foundation or not where I live. So my brew shed is on hold till I pull the permit.

Yah I here they are a bunch of Jackas**'s up there. I have friends up there and they got a visit also so he built a bunch of 10x10 and then put a roof over the top so the rain will run off. The inspector came back out and he just shook his head and walked off.

HBHoss said:
Business is picking up. These first 2 accounts, I hope, are the start of many more. Slow summer though at the tasting room. I think all the Europeans stayed home or went to the Olympics this year.

Hang tough and keep brewing.

Again I hope to get up there Thursday :)

Brewing my Porter today. This batch will get bottled and go to Savoury's Restaurant. It's a classic robust porter that should go well with a meaty meal.

Great stuff HBHoss !
Can you let us know what volumens are thos two accounts taking weekly ? All bottled ?
Just curious...
T

Hey Hoss, looks like you have a little competition now with Prospector's opening up. Have you tried their beers yet? I'm going to be up there again next week (haven't been up since last summer) so maybe I'll do a pub crawl between the two.

Hey Hoss, looks like you have a little competition now with Prospector's opening up. Have you tried their beers yet? I'm going to be up there again next week (haven't been up since last summer) so maybe I'll do a pub crawl between the two.

I tried what they called their Blonde and a wheat ale and both were very hoppy but good. Since I don't brew real hoppy beers I look at that as a good thing for the consumer. They can go to Prospectors and get their hoppy beer then come to my place for a mellower brew.

Great stuff HBHoss !
Can you let us know what volumens are thos two accounts taking weekly ? All bottled ?
Just curious...
T

Hard to say at this point but the restaurant went through 2 cases in 10 days and I just delivered 2 more to them today. I'll check on the Sports Tavern later today and see how they are doing. All bottles.

I tried what they called their Blonde and a wheat ale and both were very hoppy but good. Since I don't brew real hoppy beers I look at that as a good thing for the consumer. They can go to Prospectors and get their hoppy beer then come to my place for a mellower brew.

Cool, yeah, I remember that about your beers - lots of malt character. I think my fav was the nut brown.

Hey Hoss -

It's ThirstyNomad here - I was in your shop the other day (Aussie + family) - Thanks again..we enjoyed all your brews - we went across the street for a great meal (and the beer that you have @ the Golden Coin - Amber?) The porter and the nut brown were my favorite - just tucking into a blonde right now as I type.

People if you are in the area - Do yourself a favor and drop by.

All the best

Hey Hoss -

It's ThirstyNomad here - I was in your shop the other day (Aussie + family) - Thanks again..we enjoyed all your brews - we went across the street for a great meal (and the beer that you have @ the Golden Coin - Amber?) The porter and the nut brown were my favorite - just tucking into a blonde right now as I type.

People if you are in the area - Do yourself a favor and drop by.

All the best

Thank you very much for stopping by and I'm glad it was a positive experience for you. It was very nice meeting you and your family.
Cheers to you!

holy crap...just read through 99 pages (helped get me to lunch time at work, woo!)...i have to say, this has definitely inspired me to want to build a little "brew shed" and maybe some day I'll go pro.

keep up the good work and best of luck to ya!!!

Ditto on the holy crap!! Just finished reading all the post. WTG Hoss!! :mug:

Any new pictures of the brew house setup? Con grates, awesome post!

S

I just found this thread a few days ago and it's taken me a few sittings to get through it all but thanks for staying with it and letting us follow along on your journey. Glad to hear that things are working out so well for you and I hope that your success continues at an even, moderated pace that you can keep up with. :mug:

My eyes hurt after reading all this in one sitting. Keep up the good work and I wish you all the best.

Thank you all for following along with my story.
I have a question for you all.
As you may, or may not, know my brewery is on the way to Yosemite National Park which means a lot of tourists, campers and hikers. Which do you all think is a better route to go, 22 oz. glass Bombers or 16 oz. plastic PET bottles with screw on caps? I'm leaning towards the PET bottles because they are plastic, light weight and resealable. They are a little more expensive to buy and would probably be sold individually as opposed to 6-packs.
I'd appreciate any feedback on this subject.
Thank you.

I like the lighter weight of the PET simply based on your location. Even a PET growler would be cool. Does beer stop Hantavirus?

I'd offer both to be honest. - PET for the hikers who want some craft beer on the trail and glass for when they come back and wanna take a 6 pack (or case) home with them! The park doesn't allow glass right? Most parks don't - that's where you'd make your money on the PET containers (and their a lot lighter for the hikers). :ban:

Back