Yeast suggestion for ESB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esocid

Reaction score
I'm considering doing an ESB and spotted the Surly Bitter from Northern Brewer. It's just a bitter, so it's between this and a seasonal ESB kit from Austin homebrew. I can only do partial mashes right now, so if anyone has a suggestion for a great ESB kit, please suggest away.

My main question was, should I go with the WLP007 or the Wyeast 1335? The main difference is the optimal temp, 65-70F for WL and 63-75F for Wyeast. I would be on the higher side, around 68-70F, but people seem to love the taste the WL yeast gives. I've also heard it's quite active, so I'll have my blowoff ready.:rockin:

I used the WL007 on an ESB I recently made. I just tried the first bottle (it needs more conditioning time) but it worked out well. Very pleased with the choice on the yeast. And I have to say that it worked FAST. I had hit my target gravity in 5 days, and it was stable at that SG after 8.

Back