bottle geyser

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pimp Juice

Reaction score
My first attempt at a cyser. One gallon apple juice (minus about 2 cups), One Lbs honey, a hand full of cranberrys, citric acid, and yeast nutrient. Fermented in a gallon container for 2 weeks then transfered to this large double bastard flip top I have. About another 2 weeks later I come home and my room has a funny smell. The bottle managed to spray just a little out to warn me. The flip top doesn't look seated completely but is on, I decide to revieve some pressure. Bad, bad, idea. A geyser shoots straight to the celling in a solid stream till the bottle is near empty. 4 hours later and 3 loads of laundry later room still has a funny smell.

2 weeks is way too short for primary man!

a cyser is a style of mead. general rule on mead is 1 month in primary, then it goes to secondary to age for another few months.

long story short, you're rushing things by about 6-12 weeks...bottled early, and got a volcano.

if this had been capped with a normal beer cap, the bottle would have exploded. NOT COOL.

gotta be more patient with this stuff.

Back