Music is my life....right behind Beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaworm69

Reaction score
Any Musicians out there? Can't think of anything better than music to go along with my beer! So I try to make my own as well. I play (try to play) guitar. I have a POS acoustic and an Epiphone SG..1966 LTD. What do you play?

I'm a drummer and vocalist. I also play bass. I haven't been in a band since 2008 and haven't toured since the summer of '07.

Yesterday the guitarist of the band I used to tour in gave me a call and said their drummer just quit. They have a tour scheduled to support an album they're about to release (which I recorded) in March. They want me to tour with them for two weeks. I'm going to call the guy today and let him know I'll do it.

I figure it'll be just long enough for me to remember both why I loved touring and why I'm glad I stopped touring over 5 years ago.

I'm a guitarist been playing for about a decade, but I'm not in a band or anything, I alos have a POS acoustic, like a hundred buck epiphone, I have 2 guitars that are working 1 that needs minor work, and 3 that need major work and are project guitars. The 2 that work are of course the 2 most expensive, Faded SG and an American special Strat. My 1 that needs minor repair is a dean something or other it's like a 200-300 dollar guitar and the locking tremelo needs some work. My project guitars are varied, one I'm gonna sell once I get it to work because I don't like it. I bought it off another guy who tried to rebuild it and he did a horrible paint job and it's not worth my effort I tried installing a locking tremelo and it didn't work. My big project guitar is painted, and installing the hardware will be easy, except that I have a floyd rose speedloader I'm putting on it. Pretty awesome pickup setup once I get it installed should be really hot. My other project I haven't started but it's an old Epi Les Paul basic that I want to throw some nice humbuckers on and use it again for ease.

I play basketball, but not very well.

I also sing, play guitar and bass, also not very well.

I fumble my way around a keyboard.

I started learning how to play drums several years ago and then stopped.

Oh, yeah, I think I can still play a trumpet.

Drummer and guitar player here. I guess I'll go first and show off the gear.

CIMG0062.jpg

I'm a drummer, but also play guitar, bass and a little bit of piano/keyboard. Haven't played regularly in years in fact my drums are taken down right now due to lack of space after having a kid. A few friends and I used to be a "band" years ago and played some parties and a wedding.

I play bass, though not with a band since '08. I play a heavily modified p-bass with flat-wound strings, and an ibanez atk with rounds for a nice rock sound. I just sold my amp, a GK 800rb because It's waaay overkill for playing along with records in my living room which is all I do anymore. I got me a family, so no more late nights playing bars.

I do miss it though. Oddly enough, the guitarist from my high school band who is also still my best friend brews with me all the time. We just jumped from one hobby to another (if you can call both music and brewing mere hobbies, and not ways of life)

A hardcore band I was in in '07-'08.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lN_LMnHizXY

The touring punk band I was in from '02-'07.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nvJ-SKa8dQ

Thats killer man- not my usual type of tunes but I love the intensity and passion.

I too like to play the music. I get down on a PRS electric (foreign cheap version)- I'm not too incredible or anything..only got serious over the last couple years- Playing music with people is the most fun I have besides brewing (the two basically battle for my money).
I love to play some tunes for my yeasties (I think it helps em' get busy)..I know I love me some music when I get down to work. My fermenters and music equipment share a room :rockin:
I also try my hand at keyboard, various synths, and recording software from time to time, although I am pretty terrible at all 3.

I got this one today. I got it for a great price.

photo2_zps1a8af72a.jpg

Jealous! I have the Epi SG with the same color though. Very sharp looking guitars! They double as art...mine stands on my entertainment center.

I don't play in any bands, but I do play fiddle and a little mandolin. I'll go to a jam every now and then but mostly play in the evenings when the kids go to sleep. Mostly old time and bluegrass.

I play square-neck resophonic guitar, mandolin & acoustic guitar in a bluegrass band. Also play bass & guitar (electric & acoustic) in a mostly original band. Been gigging for 30+ years playing just about everything from Frank Sinatra to Frank Zappa. Currently trying to learn Scruggs-style banjo which is a very big challenge. Have a fiddle & can squeak a simple tune but no living creature within earshot enjoys it, including me.:( Will work on that when I retire...

A few of my acoustics in my avatar.

This is what made me buy my first guitar! Check out the entire BIO if you can! Good stuff! :tank:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back