What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rahr & Sons..Oktoberfest

Rahr.jpg

Minus two heady toppers from that pic. Headed out to dinner now. Had a 2L of Holga and 2 headys toppers. Feeling pretty good!!

image-2690288406.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
but my pure awesomeness makes you wanna do that anyway. I also have some Bender, Furious, and Zombie Monkey.

My mom just picked me up a pack of Zombie Monkie. My dad is flying in tomorrow so I should have it in hand tomorrow. I'm looking forward to trying it.

Remmy said:
Dave's Hoppy Brown Ale. Really dig this.

Nicee man glad you like it. only Have a few more of that left in 22s. Have you tried the bock or belgian yet?

I had the coconut porter the other day. Not sure if you saw my post and pic of it. Nice job on that one.

gattyyyy said:
Founders Breakfast Stout with the OU game waiting for my Sox to book their ticket to the World Series :)

Great series thus far. But I'm drinking my HB IPA, watching the Wolverines (I know) waiting to watch my Tigers force game 7.

Photo is me being proud of the one thing I seem to do well, make a damn clear beer.

image-1585755780.jpg

HB blueberry rhubarb saison. Nice and tart from the fruit, but not much character from the Ommegang yeast I used.

image-1745428585.jpg

WesleyS said:
I would almost always make a starter for liquid yeast. Fuzzymittens sent me the recipe a couple of months back. Here's what he had sent me if it clears up any questions you may have.

Sweet thanks yea same recipe n***** sent me now after the game I'll get a starter thrown together and put my new stir bar to use

17th out of the right glass wear this time and it's amazing this time around but shh don't tell stone it's two days past best by date

image-1574890513.jpg

Barney's Good Ordinary Pale Ale

ForumRunner_20131020_001347.png

From an ex-homebrewer turned micro brewer in Edinburgh. It is a good standard easy drinking pale!

Great series thus far. But I'm drinking my HB IPA, watching the Wolverines (I know) waiting to watch my Tigers force game 7.

It has been a great series. Too many tense nights. I love October baseball but this might be the death of me.

With a comment like that it must not be your first! :) :)

Wasn't my first beer of the night and might need a few more with how close this series has been! :cross:

gattyyyy said:
It has been a great series. Too many tense nights. I love October baseball but this might be the death of me. Wasn't my first beer of the night and might need a few more with how close this series has been! :cross:
I'm not a sox fan. Let alone a baseball fan. I just like the drama

gattyyyy said:
It has been a great series. Too many tense nights. I love October baseball but this might be the death of me.

Yeah, things are tense on this end, obviously. But I was thinking about it, with Scherzer and JV starting these next two games (hopefully 2), it's pretty tense in Beantown, too, I'm sure.

Just slammed a free state oktoberfest before leaving to pick up the inlaws for their 30th anniversary party. Open bar here I come! :D

WWDDD? What would Don Draper do? Oh wait, scratch that. Just drink like him. No philandering.

Yeah, things are tense on this end, obviously. But I was thinking about it, with Scherzer and JV starting these next two games (hopefully 2), it's pretty tense in Beantown, too, I'm sure.

Yeah, I'd really like not having to fight off Verlander again especially in a Game 7. Hopefully Buchholz can get back on track for us tonight so we can avoid Verlander (not that Scherzer is anything to overlook by any means)

D26AE7DB-BDE9-4274-AC0A-1D85FEA2A4C9-14652-000013861C6027E0_zpsa1883928.jpg

Ithaca Flower Power. Haven't had this in a little while but a great go-to for me nonetheless.

That is not a good plan if you're looking to stay free and healthy.

I've got some cheese envy. If we ever get around to trading, I hope you'll make a bottle shipper out of cheese for me.:D

BdC and port. Chugging along on bottling.

I don't feel like searching so two questions.

1) How long do I need to soak oak in wine/spirits before adding to beer?

2) How many vanilla beans for a 5 gallon batch and how long?

Back