Majic Chef Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the price breakdown on this, does buying a mini fridge, the tower, the taps, and the temp controller equal the cost of just buying this outright?

What's the price breakdown on this, does buying a mini fridge, the tower, the taps, and the temp controller equal the cost of just buying this outright?

Also this is a single tap, I would probably replace it with a dual, so there is another $100. Also, $50 of the discount is from a stinking rebate which they don't give your sales tax back on too.

If I didn't have any gas hardware and gained a 5# tank and some fittings, sankey tap etc... it would add to the deal, but I already have that stuff.

All in all, I don't think it is quite enough of a deal to go through with it. For someone that doesn't have any kegging equipment and is trying to get into it, this may be good.

From what I've gathered, a fridge will cost $170- 200, and kegconnection has a tower kit for $220. So, $390 - 440 + the controller, plus shipping and time.

There is a 5 yo Danby that I have a lead on for $200, but this is making it a little harder to go that way.

Back