I think I'm in love.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laughing_Gnome_Invisible

Reaction score
......With this idea!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds5bUpBz5-Q]YouTube - Stripper stands in at High School Reunion (CNN)[/ame]

OH MY GOOD!!!

I love it.....Hmmm I was away in Seminary for my 20th.....I went to my 10th and shocked the heck out of people as to how much I had changed (I got hit on by those who ignored me in HS) and the fact that I was on radio at the time, so I was sorta "famous."

Maybe I should hire a stripper to be my "wife" at the 25th or 30th, and wear my clerical digs.....:D

OH MY GOOD!!!

I love it.....Hmmm I was away in Seminary for my 20th.....I went to my 10th and shocked the heck out of people as to how much I had changed (I got hit on by those who ignored me in HS) and the fact that I was on radio at the time, so I was sorta "famous."

Maybe I should hire a stripper to be my "wife" at the 25th or 30th, and wear my clerical digs.....:D

I went to my 10th and 20th but not my 30th. I think it was my 20th that I got "introduced" to a couple of woman who I'd been going to school with since 8th grade. :drunk: Wankers.

I went to my 10th and 20th but not my 30th. I think it was my 20th that I got "introduced" to a couple of woman who I'd been going to school with since 8th grade. :drunk: Wankers.

This is the reason I never understood the need for reunions or company functions. It ain't like you get to choose these people. :)

Yeah my 10th was a trip....In highschool I was fat at short but shortly after graduation I shot up like a weed, and was no longer chubby.

Around my 10 year reuntion I was working for one of the best and most avant guard public radio station's in the country. I was a producer and sound engineer, but I often filled in or did things like the Blues News segment on on of the show....so my name was on air alot, in credits, or just me sitting in for a host. Plus I was also mentioned in arts magazines becasue I was booking a new jazz club in town and I also had photo credits on a lot of stuff in town...if you liked alternative music in Detroit in the 90's you were bound to come across my name.

I tended to dress in vintage clothing, and had longish hair, and I had just had knee surgery so I was walking with a fancy walking cane...I guess considering my school was mulletville, I looked pretty cool to the masses.

This is how I tended to look...

BenBaber.jpg

Late80searly90s.jpg

woulduhavedonemeat24.jpg

I did the live jazz radio show that I produced so I arrived late...now I was the shy introvert nerd in highschool who had very few friends, except for a small band of them..but I pretty much moved on from the painful HighSchool experience and had no contact with any of them.

I walked in to the VFW hall, yes my highschool reunion was so tacky it was held at the VFW hall....It turned out one of the few girls in my circle was standing by the registration table and she actually recognized me and jumped into my arms and stuff, and took me to a table that was really all the rest of the "outcasts" of the school, you know the people who got good grades, or who were artistic or geeks..

So she take me into the room, and like everyone else is checking me out, but noone knows who I am...except all my "friends."

But I notice that although I'm being checked out by people I was also being sort of ignored, by everyone but those at my table, for like the first hour or so, all through dinner. People are mingling, and approaching each other, but no one's doing that to me.....but at one point I go up to get a drink and I'm in line it turns out behind one of the old Cheerleaders that pretty much ignored me.

It was a small class only a couple hundered, so everyone knew each others names and all....any way she sort of looks over her shoulder and kinda looks me up and down like a piece of meat or something, unitl her eyes hit on my name tag, and she realizes that it's not a "spouse's" plain tag but is an alumnist with year book pic on it....

And she literally screams "oh My God, you're Michael Copado?" Suddenly it's like one of those scenes in a movie, where someone says something embarrassing at just the moment the band stops playing and everyone hears it....

Well suddenly I'm like the star of the show, dragged from table to table...and people actually had heard me on the radio, or seen me mentioned in the local arts/music rag....

So I asked her why I was so ignored when I was there for the first couple of hours...and she said "Oh we just thought you were the hot husband of someone, not that you were one of us."

And I ended up getting slipped phone numbers and all sorts of come one's all through the night...It was a hoot....It was like Bill Gates came back to his highschool reunion or something...the geek everyone picked on was like the celebrity of the moment...it was pathetic and fun at the same time...

And all the former "cool people" were like all chummy and glomming on to me...I even ended up at a post party at some neighborhood bar...with all those people...

And let's just say the Ms. Former Cheerleader and myself got "re-acquainted" in this antique wooden enclosed phonebooth in the hallway between the men's and ladies room...It was hawt!

:D

I've never seen the point to a school reunion. I didn't like those people when I was there & did all I could to get out & away from that sh!thole; why on earth would I want to go back?

We kinda did our reunion the day we left school at 16. Had a big party in the geography clasroom. Geography teacher served the beer, English teacher told us all about why she liked pot so much.....I fingered the ugly girl (The REALLY ugly one) Got thrown out twice......Been well adjusted and normal ever since.

"well adjusted and normal"...that's boring.

Surely not ALL of them hate you?

I don't think any of them hate me. I just think that they are all ******-bags. I didn't hang out with anyone in my grade in high school.

I hung out with the older kids, my sisters friends, until they graduated. Then I hung out with the younger kids. Ya know, cuz I had the money and a truck...I was king **** for a few years :D

I went to my #10 reunion and will not do another one. If I have any insane urge to mix with any of those people again, I will look them up and visit. But that's probably no going to happen either.

BTW am I the only one that thinks that the stripper was kinda ugly???

I hated most of my high school so not big on reunions. But... I'd love ot find out who is not going. Replace him with a female done in the same fashion as the vid and have that woman tell people they had a sex change. My god. The reactions would be gold.

One night I was out drinking with a friend when he needed to catch up to his older brother for some reason. Well, he was at his reunion at a bar & restraunt that was also doing normal business that night when we walked in, the reunion table was abandonded, so I grabbed a name tag with a picture that kind of looked like me (not really, but it had long dark hair like me, but no beard). We rolled on in, and just started to order drinks and hang out, mingling. After awhile, some girl I was talking to says to me a bit sarcasticly "geez (some girls name) you sure have changed!" so I told her "yeah, war is hell". turns out I'd grabbed some woman's ID. We ended up partying there for the night, (but I didn't get the cheerleader in the phone booth like Revvy:mad:)

I hated most of my high school so not big on reunions. But... I'd love ot find out who is not going. Replace him with a female done in the same fashion as the vid and have that woman tell people they had a sex change. My god. The reactions would be gold.

I should totally do this. A few people know about my long hair and me living in the San Francisco Bay Area. I dressed completely different in high school, people would not even recognize me now.

I wonder how much I'd have to pay the actress (actor?) to pretend they are me with a pair of tits.

Back