Clipper City Brewery, Baltimore, MD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never had the brew tour, but have eaten there and had their sampler. I can also vouch for loose cannon. Are you going to Baltimore specifically, or just somewhere in Maryland?

Clipper City isn't bad. They have a few good brews and a few not so good brews.

The heavy Seas line is nice - all 7+% brews.

If you can get their Marz-Hon - it's probably the best they have.

I've had many of their beers, and never found a bad one. They're all drinkable, and some are outstanding. The McHenry is a damned fine CAP, the Oxford Organic Amber is a tasty pounder, and Holy Sheet is a really good interpretation of Belgian-style Abbey Ale.

The only one I've had I didn't particularly like was Loose Cannon. I found it unpleasantly unbalanced, but I'm not a hophead; the green mist that attacked me when I opened the bottle probably put me off. ;) If you're into hopsmacks, you'll probably like it.

Bob

The tour is pretty good and you get all you can drink and a souvenir pint glass for $5 afterwards.

I also enjoy the Loose Cannon, but it's definitely an east coast IPA. There is more malt flavor and it's not nearly as dry as many of the west coast IPAs.

The heavy seas line is good. I lived in Baltimore for several years and was always picking up a six pack. Cannon Hop 3 was my favorite.

I ask because they are old family friends and I have never had their beer. So I figured that I would ask.

I sampled most of the Heavy Seas line at a beerfest a few weeks ago. Everything I tried was good. Big dIPA, Peg Leg, Loose Cannon, and Holy Sheet were all good IMO

Latest posts

Back