Group Buy in Chicago #5

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I gotcha, Ty. I can pick up your grain (so long as everything from me and you fits into an Altima) and we can schedule a pick up more in your area when it's convenient.

You da man, PC. Thanks. Probably would only be a sack or two. I'd be up for splitting too if there's anything you don't want 55 lbs of.

Edit: Same catalog as last time? Please PM w/link if different. Thanks.

We could spread the cost among the number of bags if everyone is ok with it.

RC0032 said:
What no .TV?

you shouldn't have to shoulder this burden.

I can still get it. We can configure a webcam to broadcast a carboy fermenting. Maybe zoom in on the bubbling air lock. Or we could all watch from home the beautiful vortex of a yeast starter on a stir plate. Beer pr0n!

I would get 3-4 sacks. Glad to contribute towards cost of domain.

I can still get it. We can configure a webcam to broadcast a carboy fermenting. Maybe zoom in on the bubbling air lock. Or we could all watch from home the beautiful vortex of a yeast starter on a stir plate. Beer pr0n!
Im sure someone has this somewhere :eek:

Tack a $1 onto each sack and that should cover the $85 right? How many sacks last time?

I would take a couple of sacks. However, I will only chip in on the domain if you stream the grain being delivered.

Anyone out in the Western Burbs, close to Wheaton?

I'd love to get in on these, but the pickup has prevented me thus far. I'd be happy to chip in for gas and/or supply some homebrew if anyone wants to "carpool" some malt.

I am in Naperville, and can pick up your grain.

I'm in Aurora, I plan on representing three buyers if I get in. People could do pick ups from my place if they don't want to drive to Chicago. I don't have a problem with a buck a bag to over web expenses. This is still the best deal in Chicagoland.

Beer brings out the good in people, I hardly believe you can say that...

I too have no probs with a adder for diffusing server/domain costs..

As previously: I can pick up grains for southies and NWI folks..I'm located in Munster and have a pickup truck so no more than a skid please

Retrofit- I'm up the road in St. Charles. Any chance I can get in on your delivery offer? I'd be happy to offer some home brew in exchange. :mug: I was thinking of getting 3 sacks.

This will be my first group buy, but im in for the extra cost for the domains, sounds awesome to me......also, i live in Bartlett and have a Honda Element (lots of stotage room) i could help out if necessary to bring other ordes back too

I live in St. Charles and I picked up several orders for folks in the last buy. I'd be willing to do it again if need be. Also I drive a large pick up with a cover so weight and weather aren't an issue. Just let me know folks and we can work something out.

I would be down for getting 1 bag of 2-row, 1 bag of wheat and 1 bag of marris otter, and possibly splitting a bag of Munich malt .

ok. with ghoti's extremely patient help I was able to upload the files to the server. however, they cannot be accessed because, he thinks, of a mySQL port issue. I have open a support ticket with my hosting company and once I get the answer I will let ghoti know. He will then modify the appropriate files so I can upload them again. we're making progress!

I'm in for several sacks as usual. I can transport anyone's grain to my house in willowbrook if needed. My office is in Schaumburg, so I can bring it that way too.

ghoti just showed my a test run of the spreadsheet on his computer via gotomeeting. Very, very nice job that he did! I think you guys will like the setup. he plans on adding more features as the need arises and as we go along. just waiting for the hosting company to get back to me with the prot info and he will update the files. it's very possible that we could be up and running by this weekend. everyone bring ghoti some homebrew at pick up time!

ylpaul2000- I would love to take you up on that offer. I'm thinking 3 sacks at present: Maris Otter, Pilsener, and Munich. I probably can't d another whole bag of anything, but I may be open to splitting some 2-row.

porterguy said:
ylpaul2000- I would love to take you up on that offer. I'm thinking 3 sacks at present: Maris Otter, Pilsener, and Munich. I probably can't d another whole bag of anything, but I may be open to splitting some 2-row.

No problem! PM me when everything gets closer and we can get things finalized.

I live north of Rockford and can drop off to anyone close to 90. By the way bill you rock for all you do.

I'm looking for a sack or two of 2 row as well as splitting some melanoidin. I'll follow up with a few local homebrewers to see if they want to piggyback on my order.

People's help is needed in test driving the new database that ghoti put together. You will need to sign up and enter your hbt username as well as the email address linked to your paypal account. Instead of sending out a confirmation code, I will just update the database to give you access. You can search for grain by vendor, ID, description and a list of grains will display. the quantity that should be entered is the number of bags not pounds. Pricing will be adjusted later; as will the delivery charges. Email or PM me or ghoti with any bugs you encounter so that we don't clog up hbt with bug reports.

http://chicagohomebrewers.org/grain

I logged in, it states I was going to get a PM with my code......which we might want to change if thats not true.

Bill is the full database in there or just a portion, or are we limiting what people can order. For instance I was searching for Carabrown, I ended up searching for Brown and found a brown malt. Not a big deal, just wondering

Bill is the full database in there or just a portion, or are we limiting what people can order. For instance I was searching for Carabrown, I ended up searching for Brown and found a brown malt. Not a big deal, just wondering

try using the ID from the catalog posted in the notes section

only thing I would change honestly is if people knew the item id to be able to order by that vs searching....but I don't know how many people would actually pick out the ID's ahead of time like I would.

only thing I would change honestly is if people knew the item id to be able to order by that vs searching....but I don't know how many people would actually pick out the ID's ahead of time like I would.

they would need to refer to the catalog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back