taking OG reading

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xbabyboy4021x

Reaction score
ok this batch i decided once my wort was cooled and i added the top off water to make 5 gal in my primary i stirred the s*t out of it to aerate it, now when i go to take my OG reading theres a good 1/4" of bubbles on top of the beer that makes it really hard to accurately read my hydrometer, whats the best way to get theese bubbles to die down? i was thinkin ill just wait but does anybody have a better way?

ok this batch i decided once my wort was cooled and i added the top off water to make 5 gal in my primary i stirred the s*t out of it to aerate it, now when i go to take my OG reading theres a good 1/4" of bubbles on top of the beer that makes it really hard to accurately read my hydrometer, whats the best way to get theese bubbles to die down? i was thinkin ill just wait but does anybody have a better way?

After I draw my sample into my testube I usually just let it sit for a few minutes til they subside...usually I pull the sample, go about the rest of my brewing business, like adding yeast, and closing up the fermenter and starting clean up...after 5 or 10 minutes the bubbles have pretty much subsided...

Back