Anyone build a portable brew sculpture?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfista

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm thinking of building a basic brew sculpture - more of a brew table that can facilitate gravity feeds with a CFC and fly sparging - and was wondering if anyone has come up with something portable along these lines? Something collapsible would be good from a storage perspective, and I plan on doing group brewing two or three times a year. I saw in a thread a pic of someone using two foldable aluminum ladders to create elevation, which gave me the idea. Anyone seen something that I should check out?

Cheers,

Jason

I know someone that uses one of these with shorter legs and a folding table for the MT....

41qU3nK-J%2BL._AA160_.jpg

I use 2 folding plastic sawhorses with a 2' x 4' 1" plywood (a 4' x 8' sheet cut 4 times). I put the burner & pot over the 1 sawhorse and the mashtun over the second. Everything folds flat. I spare into the grain buckets, move the burner & pot down after sparging, and then boil. This allows for gravity mashing & sparging.

Cheers, Dan F.

great tips everyone, thanks!

monster - I really wish I bought a double burner - I'm going to have to upgrade.
Dan - that is similar to what I am doing.
craigbrew - that looks great. I'm going to dig in and probably build one of those.

Back