Too many beers while brewing, tell your story!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoostedF150

Reaction score
So i got inspired to do this thread after last nights brewing session. I was making my first all original pale ale recipe and had been drinking homebrew all afternoon. Everythink was going fine intil the boil. I got interuped right befor the boiling point and it ended up boiling over, must have lost at least a gallon! Damn! Ok so in the caos i knocked over my cup of measured bittering hops! Damn all over the place. So i was able to save most bit im sure i was a little short. So now i was almost done with the bool and decided it was time to run some boiling water from my hlt through my wort cooler to sanitize it. So far so good, then tipped tje 15 gal keggle to finish draining it, let go and looked away. BAM!!!! Dam thing landed right on the top of my head, hot water slpashed all over me and the remaining cups of aroma hops and the keggle crashed to the ground! I screamed in pain and anger! Way too many beers while brewing! Anyway, heres my head and more importantly heres the beer, yeasties look happy!

image-1268145739.jpg

image-978060936.jpg

That's why i brew at 9 am. lol the strongest thing i can drink at that time is coffee

It hurt like hell at the time but im pain free today. Screamed the crap outa my wife though with the amount of blood comming out of my head. All i did was wipe off and keep brewing.

About the worst thing That happens when I drink too much while brewing is that I forget to add the Irish moss and take readings. And I always leave my stuff to clean up the next day. I really need an assistant brewer to cover for me when I start forgetting stuff and so I can just sing to the tunes I got cranked and crack stupid jokes.

Damn dude. The worst I've done is mixed up the hop additions. I try not to drink during brewing because I'm tired enough as it is at the end if it. Drinking doesn't help. Though, I will have a few bud lights or whatever to quench the thirst. Laugh all you want, but u can have as many of those as I want without getting drunk.

My last brew day was particularly nice, my gal decided she wanted to do everything by herself, so I just kicked back and watched her and then whipped up some burgers while she brewed.

I'm kinda religious about not drinking while brewing. Then again, if you saw how precarious my current "brew rig" is, you'd definitely be right there with me, drinking a Coke :eek:

Cheers!

I used to start every brew session with a beer, but had to stop doing that when I switched to all-grain a few years ago. dinking beer dueing a 2 hour extract session wasn't so bad, but double that and I was in trouble. After I broke a freshly filled carboy, I put a limit that I do not start drinking untill the boil starts. Worked so far.

Back in college, my buddy and I were brewing in his trailer. We were filling a rubbermaid garbage can with water for sanitizing equipment and began drinking while it was filling. Next thing we knew the carpet was squishy under our feet, apparently neither of us was paying attention to the now overflowing garbage can, about half the trailer floor was covered in water.

Back