GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched Day Watch last night. Pretty wild movie. Didn't know it was on streaming or I would have watched it sooner. Here's the trailer:

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched Dead Heads last night. Amusingly over the top for a zomedy. Not bad. Not as good as Tucker and Dale, but still worth a watch if you have nothing better planned out.

Birthday today, and the agenda for tonight is to treat myself and family (if they can be quite and let me enjoy the movie that is) to a movie I've always wanted to see, but have have. Time to go back through this tread for inspiration.

Watched Dead Heads last night. Amusingly over the top for a zomedy. Not bad. Not as good as Tucker and Dale, but still worth a watch if you have nothing better planned out.

Utterly different from Tucker and Dale, not the same league as far as I can see, but good nonetheless in a more slapstick feel good horror genre comedy.

Top of the Lake is pretty excellent! I blew through it in two days. The ending was phenomenal. I'm pretty mad I didn't figure it out though.

No, I hear you, it's a really gritty movie. Just like A Scanner Darkly (which may or may not be on streaming).

No, I hear you, it's a really gritty movie. Just like A Scanner Darkly (which may or may not be on streaming).

Scanner Darkly is awesome, not streaming though. May have to watch Beowolf again, didn't like what I saw. Watching Copper right now, pretty good stuff.

I watched A Scanner Darkly with my daughter. When the movie was done she said "Wow... that was AWESOME! ....what happened?"

Hmmm........

Old Boy is in subtitles on AMAZON streaming.........and it is Bad Ass.

Netflix has the dubbed version which I find unwatchable.

cheezydemon3 said:
Hmmm........

Old Boy is in subtitles on AMAZON streaming.........and it is Bad Ass.

Netflix has the dubbed version which I find unwatchable.

Ugh dubbed anything is the worst! Give me subtitles or give me death!

I'm still catching up on season 3, but I'm excited!

Season 4 of AD was really good. And they better be making a 5th season. I think the biggest holdout for the 6th is Michael Cera, I don't think he wants people to think of him as just George Michael. As it usually is with Arrested D, the writing was impeccable and by the end the story was about 99% told with enough to keep you wanting to come back for more. I look forward to watching it 2-3 more times to see the little jokes I missed.

Season 4 of AD was really good. And they better be making a 5th season. I think the biggest holdout for the 6th is Michael Cera, I don't think he wants people to think of him as just George Michael. As it usually is with Arrested D, the writing was impeccable and by the end the story was about 99% told with enough to keep you wanting to come back for more. I look forward to watching it 2-3 more times to see the little jokes I missed.

I agree on all points. Season five needs to be in making.

Watching Tucker and Dale though for the first time tonight and I am ten minutes in and it's so awesome.

Why?? Arrested Development AND Tucker and Dale brought up again? That is natural;)
Cabin in t woods is OK. Original...

Dead Snow effing rules.

Evil Dead 2 is MUST SEE HISTORICAL HORROR.

IT Crowd tv

Shameless tv

Skins tv

The Interbetweeners tv & movie

A Good Old Fashioned Orgy

Jeff, Who lives at home

...all pretty good. some are TV series

Anyone watch the three episode mini series Hatfield and Mccoys? Any good?

I thought it was "OK" it apparently drew one of the biggest audiences ever for a TV miniseries or somesuch, but in many ways I thought it was pretty mediocre. I mean, the acting is generally quite good, and the set design and all that...I just felt like it didn't really go anywhere and a lot of the elements were incredibly cliche and droll. Perhaps it was "historically accurate" (which I am not even sure is true) but I didn't find the story particularly captivating.

There are plenty of other, better, westerns out there. Hell, there are even better western mini-series out there, like Lonesome Dove.

cheezydemon3 said:
Why?? Arrested Development AND Tucker and Dale brought up again? That is natural;)
Cabin in t woods is OK. Original...

Dead Snow effing rules.

Evil Dead 2 is MUST SEE HISTORICAL HORROR.

Love how Cabin in the Woods used the Evil Dead cabin

watching season 4 of A D and damnnnnn, what the hell happened to Portia!? i'd say the years have not been kind..

Most of the dubs I have found are un-watchable. They seem to negate the attitude of the character speaking.

Back