first brew, a TON of mistakes but Im hooked

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swem

Reaction score
So my first batch of mutons nut brown ale just went into the bottles. Lots of mistakes... tried to bottle from the bucket w/o a spigot using a siphon, racked back into the bottling bucket starting the siphon with my mouth and so on...hopefully nothing so bad that i ruined my beer, goal is just something drinkable. Needless to say i have learned alot of lessons, and cant wait to start the next batch. Definitely think Im going to start kegging from the get go as well... Love this site as well tons of info here.

I am with you.
I've been drinking on my first batch. Hefe extract that came with my brew kit. Not the best I've ever had, but hey... It's my first.

I was luck enough to score a SWEET keezer/kegerator setup on bisman (our local version of craigslist) and I know a guy that works at pepsi so i got a couple free corny kegs so my next batch will be kegged. My order of stuff showed up from austinhomebrew supply today and i'm gonna brew his sunset wheat clone for my gf and then an ipa next.

One thing I've learned: This site has a ton of great advice, but at the end of the day you have to teach yourself. Learn how to make your process work for you. But it's a very forgiving process, it's not rocket surgery. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

I did similar things on my first batch of beer. Its been bottles for almost 2 weeks now and Ive been trying it out and like most people told me, its pretty hard to completely screw it up. It might now come out exactly like you had planned, but it will still be beer and most likely it will still taste pretty good!

Back