My skeeter pee and soon, alligator pi$$

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aeniph

Reaction score
So I started a skeeter pee last week. Using the starter method my gravity dropped from 1.07 to 1.02 in about 3 days. A little surprised. Plan on racking it soon and I'm hoping to have this thing kegged by mid April. I have a Moab trip coming up. So. Here's the question. I saw sweetened lime juice at my grocery store. Similar product. I want to make a limeade. Should I use this sweetened or try to find 100% pure juice. I don't like the idea of using frozen concentrate as much. My friend tried a lemonade from frozen concentrate and it....failed. Questions or proposals?

Aeniph, If you'd like a lime component in your next batch, may I suggest that you do a lemon-lime mix. Many of those who've made a straight lime batch didn't like it as well, the lime seems to be a little over powering. A good balance seems to be 1/3 lime and 2/3 lemon. This still produces a pretty solid like flavor without the bitterness. The same people that make Realemon in bottles make a lime product too. The bottles are a little smaller. I think it's called Realime.

So is the lime just too powerful? I think I'll try the 1/3 thing but I haven't seen the reallime stuff yet though I used the reallemon in my pee. Thanks for the suggestion

There is also a product with lime juice to make key lime pie... Aunt Nellie's maybe it's called.... would be the same thing... read the bottle!

Debbie

I've got a batch of the 1/3 lime that is cold crashing right now.

Latest posts

Back