now how long till i can drink?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makingitgood

Reaction score
sorry 4 da noob ?S but i just put my beer in some bottles? so about how much longer till i can drink, doent it get better if you wait?

Usually within a week your bottles will have carbonation. Give em two or three weeks and they will almost definately be ready.

Whenever I bottle anything, I make a 6 pack of 12oz bottles for testers. Carbonation, taste, clarity, everything, and sample from 5 days on.

I always use brown bottles but use one clear Newcastle Brown bottle so I can see how clear the beer is and how much sediment has formed.
Thats the one I open first as a tester.

Roger.

Once in a while I will drink that last cloudy half bottle right down the day I bottle, just to see the flavor - but it will be flat. They will have a head within a few days, and that's good enough for me, but they do get better for a couple of months at least, If I ever keep one longer than that, I would be qualified to say how long they continue to improve.

By the way, Making (and this is a serious question, not trying to break your chops) - do you speak English as your first language?

thought it tasted flat and a bit yeasty ish...... but its not the best tasting but as long as it doesnt hit your toung its good :D

I still have been left from last winter.

Many brews get better with age, especially if you use spices, etc.

I have cases of beer that have not been fridgerated yet, but a week in the fridge does wonders for the flavor and head retention.

Back