• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Price Check! Possibly Selling Back Issues Lot: 89 Zymurgy Issues and more...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bopgun23

Reaction score
Hello everyone...

I have a fat-ass library of old Zymurgy magazines, as well as some others. I picked them up as a lot, read through most of them, and now I'm thinking of putting them up here on HBT. However, I really have no idea what a reasonable asking price is.

The inventory is listed below, in as much detail as I could muster. All the issues are in really great shape, nothing is stained or falling apart or etc...

I'm thinking maybe eBay is the way to go on these? I dunno. Tell me what you think! I'm clueless.

Cheers,

Rob

[Mods: This post will become a proper for sale as soon as I have an idea WTF I'm doing :cross:]

==========

Zymurgy (89 issues total):

Every Issue of Volumes 2-7 (1979 thru 1984) 4 Issues Yearly
Also one random unnumbered 1981 Special Issue
17 of these 25 issues are professionally copied and stapled with cardstock covers.

Almost Every Issue of Volumes 8-20 (1985 thru 1997) - 5 Issues Yearly
Missing 4 Issues - Vol 8 No 3 (Fall 1985), Vol 11 No 4 (Special 1986), Vol 12 No 1 (Spring 1986), Vol 20 No 4 (Special 1997)
6 of these 61 issues are professionally copied and stapled with cardstock covers.

3 random issues finish out the set - Vol 21 No 1-2 (Spring-Summer 1998), Vol 22 No 3 (May/June 1999)

I have no idea if the copied issues were done by the original owner, or if that is how Zymurgy sends out "back issues". Regardless, all copied issues are in excellent condition and immensely readable. When I say "professionally copied and stapled", I mean it.

Zymurgy back issues are available for 5.50 each, with special issues at 8.50 or more. That puts the "retail value" of this set at over $500.

==========

The New Brewer (11 issues total):
Vol 9 No 5 (Sept/Oct 1992)
Vol 11 No 3 (May/June 1994)
Vol 12 No 3 thru Vol 13 No 4 (May/June 1995 thru July/Aug 1996)
Unnumbered issue (Mar/Apr 1997)

The New Brewer is available from publisher through backorder at $15 each. I have no idea how desirable these magazines really are. They're aimed at craft breweries, not the homebrewer.

==========

Brewing Techniques (16 issues total):
Vol 3 No 4 (July/Aug 1995)
Vol 4 No 1 thru Vol 6 No 3 (Jan/Feb 1995 thru May/June 1998)

Brewing Techniques is available from publisher through backorder at about $2 each, only unavailable issue I'm selling is 4.1. Don't think these are particularly valuable, as all material is on the Brewing Techniques website.

==========

If you got value (informational) out of them, then i would try and sell them for what you paid for them. that way the net cost to you is zero, and you help a fellow brewer out.

Back