Hop schedule for 11 oz. of Cascade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crawfman

Reaction score
Is this a crazy idea? I have a supply of cascade and want to put them all into one beer. They are pellet form and 7.1%AA. The recipe for the pale ale includes the following: 4lbs. American two-row pale, 3.3lbs light extract, 8 oz. carapils, and 8 oz. caramel 10L.

The schedule I am thinking of would just spread them out through the entire 60 mins and include dry hopping:
Beer calculus gave me an estimate of 85-86 IBU's and HBU around 14-16, if i remember correctly.
60:1 oz.
45: 1 oz.
30: 1 oz.
20: 1 oz.
15: 1 oz.
10: 1 oz.
5: 1 oz.
flameout: 2 oz.
Dry: 2 oz.

I want to avoid the "harshness" that some people say the cascade can have as a bittering hop. Hopefully spreading it out will accomplish this. I'm looking forward to fermented grapefruit juice.

Any advice to the recipe or hop schedule?

Personally, I think its overkill and wasteful. You have enough Cascade hops there to make two very hoppy beers. If you want to avoid the harshness of a Cascade as a bittering hop, ease up on the hop additions before the 20 minute (20 minutes to go) mark.

< 4lbs. American two-row pale, 3.3lbs light extract, 8 oz. carapils, and 8 oz. caramel 10L. > < 11oz cascade >
------------------------

I get these numbers & used 4 hop additions:

Anticipated OG: 1.051
Anticipated IBU: 44.0

77g fwh
77g 5 min
77g 0 min
77g dry hop

This post sounds just like > LINK

i would hop burst it

1.5 oz at 20min
1.5 oz at 10min
1.5 oz at 5min
1.5 oz dry hop

that gives you 5 oz. left over to make another beer with and will make a very hoppy pale

Latest posts

Back