Mini Fridges

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper1917

Reaction score
Ok got my Keg gear - and i live in apartment and dont have tonns of room so I wanted to use a mini fridge to keep my keg cold - just plan on a basic 1 keg system for now. Problem is i find most the mini fridges are too small because of that little freezer on top. This may sound like a silly question but can u just unscrew the freezer?

I just wanna cheap mini fridge from the local second hand paper? Any of you experienced keggers have any advice?

Thanks

You need to be careful because the coolant lines run through the freezer tray and you don't want to fold, spindle, or mutilate them in any way.

That said, I recently discovered on mine that you can unscrew the left side of the tray and bend the whole thing down so it's vertical along the side of the fridge (as opposed to horizontal along the top).

If yours is like mine, you'll be able to fit a corny and a small CO2 tank.

You need to be careful because the coolant lines run through the freezer tray and you don't want to fold, spindle, or mutilate them in any way.

That said, I recently discovered on mine that you can unscrew the left side of the tray and bend the whole thing down so it's vertical along the side of the fridge (as opposed to horizontal along the top).

If yours is like mine, you'll be able to fit a corny and a small CO2 tank.

+1 and if you need a tad bigger to fit a second if your decent with wood you can add a spacer to the front.

Back