Late night brew session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OHIOSTEVE

Reaction score
Just mashed in a MAD HATTER clone attempt. Using Ohiodads recipe from herehttps://www.homebrewtalk.com/f69/mad-hatter-ipa-clone-67134/
I was gettin set up to brew tomorrow and the wife said...."YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD AND DO IT TONIGHT, WE WILL HAVE THE GRANDBABIES OFF AND ON ALL DAY TOMORROW AND YOU WILL BE UP TILL 1-2 TONIGHT ANYWAY" so here we go. First brew in a long time.

I almost always start up my mash water at 9pm. Makes morning hell but nice to get some personal time with my brew.

we are boiling, first hop addition in. I am lucky my kitchen stove will boil 7 gallons no problem, a good hard boil also. My brew shed isn't completed yet so I am in the kitchen... wife just went to bed and I am listening to AOL radio and drinking an apfelwein ( BTW I WAS NOT A FAN...JUST FOUND A BOTTLE IN THE BACK OF THE BEER FRIDGE FROM JANUARY OF LAST YEAR. IT IS PRETTY DAMNED TASTY). life is good

beer is in the fermentor and 90% of the clean up is done. I made a starter with some washed yeast earlier today and it just didn't look right so I pitched a packet of S-05. I will leave the starter over night and if it takes off I might brew gain tomorrow :)

Back