Group Buy: Accuflex Bev-Seal Ultra barrier line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a report on my kegerator. The 5 taps that have no clamps and were installed with the heat gun/melt on method haven't sprung a real leak yet. Only once when I was testing the whole chain at 35 PSI did I get a slight bubble leak out of one barb. The same one still works at it's regular pressure. I am going to re-melt it at some point when I have to.

But, everything including the 35 PSI seltzer keg has no clamps and no leaks for several months. I can understand wanting clamps, cause if there is a failure you'll be out 5 gallons of beer that's now sloshing in your kegerator, but just to know that it's not needed so much- from my experience any ways.

Cheers- and +1 about this being a solution I'll recommend to anyone and use forever myself. Way better.

I had a question: what are you guys doing to cool the lines. I'm finding that the lines bunched up together take up so much less space that I'm thinking maybe the computer fan thing is a little overboard. Thinking of just making a sack for the lines to hang in, in between the kegs, that has gel packs in it or something. What do you think?

SankePankey said:
I had a question: what are you guys doing to cool the lines. I'm finding that the lines bunched up together take up so much less space that I'm thinking maybe the computer fan thing is a little overboard. Thinking of just making a sack for the lines to hang in, in between the kegs, that has gel packs in it or something. What do you think?

In this case, there's no such thing as overboard IMO

ok, here are the Oetiker clamps I bought. I try not buying from McMaster as they tend to be over priced and I have no idea what shipping is until I get billed.

http://www.installationpartssupply.com/category/oetiker-stepless-clamps.html

The 9-5mm or the 10-0 work great for the 1/4" barbs I have both sized in my system.
The 8-7mm worked great for the bottle filler I used 3/16" OD ss tubing on.

-=Jason=-

flomaster - which oetiker clamps are those? i.e. are they the clamps pictured on the far left or the right? I want to make sure they look like (these)

thanks!

I am putting in a stout tap in the next couple weeks so I want the insurance of the clamps for the higher PSI.

CidahMastah said:
flomaster - which oetiker clamps are those? i.e. are they the clamps pictured on the far left or the right? I want to make sure they look like (these)

thanks!

I am putting in a stout tap in the next couple weeks so I want the insurance of the clamps for the higher PSI.

Yeah those are the clamps I bought and used. They wrap all the way around the tubing there is no gap for beer to leak out of.

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

Yeah those are the clamps I bought and used. They wrap all the way around the tubing there is no gap for beer to leak out of.

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

Cool - just wanted to check b/c they picture three versions of the oetiker on the site you posted.

Thanks!

Are you guys hoping/expecting to use this stuff indefinitely/for several years at a time? Or do you plan on replacing every year or so like vinly lines?

thanks

Are you guys hoping/expecting to use this stuff indefinitely/for several years at a time? Or do you plan on replacing every year or so like vinly lines?

thanks

I would assume that this stuff would last for several years. If bevlex lasts for years, or at least a year, I am sure this one would too. In theory the barrier would only stop working well if beer stone built up on it. So reasonable cleaning should keep the barrier line in check.

Back